cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Megmcgoo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have gotten texts saying that I have used 95% of my monthly data. I have the $35 dollar plan that includes 1GB and I also have autopay set up which gives me 1.5 GB. It's showing i've only used 900 MB yet saying i'm at 95% usage, it doesn't seem to be acknowledging my bonus 500 MB

15 REPLIES 15

@Megmcgoo wrote:

I sent a Private message to the mods if that's what you mean, thanks for your help.

@Megmcgoo  No need to contact the moderators. According to your screenshot you have the correct plan with 1.5 GB but as others have mentioned you have used up an that data and have also used up most of you 1GB bonus addon. Maybe time to upgrade to the $40 plan.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

According to your screenshot you used up your1.5 gigs and you are now gluing through that gift bonus.

This means that you have used total of 2.4gigs of data since your cycle started.

If you feel this is wrong, please check the usage on your phone.

If your phone is not showing about 2.4 gigs you should contact moderators

It may happen that your counter didn't reset properly

If on the other hand your phone is showing about 2.4 you may consider switching to 40 plan, with autopay it will give you 5gigs, you would more than triple your data for only $5 

@Megmcgoo  Check the data tracker on your phone. Did you use a lot of data this month? More than usual? Maybe your included data in your plan did not reset correctly on your last renewal and you have been using your bonus data the whole time. Alternatively if you need more data for only $5 more you will get an additional 3.5gb of data on the $40 plan. You could choose that plan and schedule it to change on your next renewal. Contact the moderators to fix or restore your data bonus if there was a reset problem with your included data on your plan.

@Megmcgoo wrote:

I sent a Private message to the mods if that's what you mean, thanks for your help.

Although private messages still work, PM recently added their ticketing system.
The response time is supposed to be much better via tickets.

Use SIMon chatbot to submit a ticket to Moderators.
Go to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter "submit a ticket" and "contact us" to get started.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Megmcgoo wrote:

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 10.20.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-22 at 10.21.00 PM.png

That 1GB listed in your account is not part of your plan. That is a free 1GB bonus that was given to all customers at that time.  The fact that the 1.5GB is not listed means that you have already used it up.  From what i see, you're on the correct plan. After renewing, the 1.5GB of data will return.

Good catch.

Still OP claims to have used only 900 MB. If OP is correct and including usage for the current billing period, OP should still contact Moderator if he believes he has missing data owed to him.

@Megmcgoo wrote:

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 10.20.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-22 at 10.21.00 PM.png

That 1GB listed in your account is not part of your plan. That is a free 1GB bonus that was given to all customers at that time.  The fact that the 1.5GB is not listed means that you have already used it up.  From what i see, you're on the correct plan. After renewing, the 1.5GB of data will return.

Megmcgoo

@Megmcgoo 

It looks like that for this month, PM didn't include the extra 500 mb data.  You will need to contact moderator as described above to fix.  

Megmcgoo

Click on the ? in lower right side of screen to start moderator intervention. It could take 24 - 48 hours for a response...usually much less.

Megmcgoo

I have a valid Credit card and have been billed for it for a few months now. I should be getting the 1.5 GB not sure why it is acting as thought I only have 1 GB I never had this issue on previous months.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Megmcgoo wrote:

I have gotten texts saying that I have used 95% of my monthly data. I have the $35 dollar plan that includes 1GB and I also have autopay set up which gives me 1.5 GB. It's showing i've only used 900 MB yet saying i'm at 95% usage, it doesn't seem to be acknowledging my bonus 500 MB

I don't have the $35 plan.

Is the 500MB bonus data have a separate usage line?

If yes, PM is treating the 500MB data as bonus and is not part of your plan data.

Please post a screenshot of your overview page marking out your personal data.  We will take a look what is going on with your account.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

The extra 500MB is contingent on you having a valid credit card on file and autopay activated. Make sure you have done so.

@Megmcgoo wrote:

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Megmcgoo wrote:

Check your self-serve account. Do you see the correct data usage under "My Data & Add-ons"?

You may check the overall usage against the actual usage for the current billing period.

There have been recent reports of the data counter not being reset following a plan renewal.
If you think there is an issue, you can contact Moderators.

Need Help? Let's chat.