cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Barfanese
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was wondering why we don't have anything advertising no overage costs with data?  

14 REPLIES 14

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think because PM is a prepaid only service it's implied that there won't be any data overage costs.

@Anonymous  it's pretty amazing how far technology has advanced in such a short period of time. and it seems to get faster and faster. 

still wondering on the date Skynet will go online... 😲

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpixel 

Memories of old BBS's on blazing 0.0096 Mbps. And that was nod worthy. 🙂

@Anonymous  haha yes, there's definitely more content on websites than there was before. 

remember trying to download on a 56k modem ? 😭

download.gif

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpixel wrote:

@Barfanesethe reduced data speed is 128kb... it's dial up lol. it probably takes 5 min to load a website 😂

Oh dial-up could only dream of 128kbps! The problem now is all the bloated crap and ads and javascript and tracking etc. Back in the day they were simple text sites with some images.

@Barfanesethe reduced data speed is 128kb... it's dial up lol. it probably takes 5 min to load a website 😂

@Barfanese 

reduced data speeds is a marketing scheme. I say that because the speeds are reduced so low that you may as well not even have internet. But it helps people feel good about going over their data and still having something....kinda. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Barfanese I think I have seen some facebook post and IG post that say no overage, no contracts, no credit check.

They are prepaid so those that are not familiar with pre paid may have difficult understanding, but for the most part I think people are aware. 

cheers happy Canada Day. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM is prepaid so once you reach your limit then data stops.

PM  sends you a text message when you've used 75% and 95% of the data included in your plan. If you try to use something that requires data when you’ve reached your data limit, you will be directed to Self-Serve. Once signed into Self-Serve, you can review your usage and, if you’d like to continue to have access to data, you can purchase a data Add-On here too.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Barfanese   PM does not have reduced data speed once used up.  data just stops.

Barfanese
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I understand that, however lucky mobile does advertise it.  They say that once you have used up your data, your data service will continue at a reduced speed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Barfanese wrote:

I was wondering why we don't have anything advertising no overage costs with data?  

Yeah along with Jb456...it's all kinda implied in the concept of pre-paid. You pre-pay for service. You use up what you pre-paid for and it stops. You don't pre-pay at the end of the pre-paid period and it stops.

Post-paid services are pre-pay as well but then they charge you for overages at bill time...ergo...post-paid...and keep your services going in expectation that you'll pay the new term. I don't remember what any grace period was I had the ability to keep paying the bill.

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It is impossible to go over. Once you hit your data limit it stops working until your next 30 day billing period starts. So much better than ridiculous over priced data overage charges.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile is a prepaid service. You pay for what you want in advance so there are no surprises. 

Once data is reached you have no more. Your options are to buy a data add-on, change plan to a higher plan with more data (charged right away for new plan, no refund on unused days of old plan) or click the question mark on bottom right and open a ticket for moderators asking to renew your plan early. ( You have to add money to your account to cover plan cost before contacting moderators)

Pic below on website says no surprise bills.

Screenshot_20200701_090454.jpg

Is this what you were looking for? 

Need Help? Let's chat.