cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Maryphillips
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have Sim card but can't send any MMS messages ,can't sent pictures and yet I have or supposed to have Data,this has been a issue since I got the service with Public

24 REPLIES 24

@Jencho wrote:

Koodo person helped fixed my problem.

Koodo doesn't provide support for Public Mobile customers.  If I were to call Koodo customer service over the phone and ask for help with my Public Mobile account, they'll say sorry that they can't help, ask me to contact Public Mobile,  and then disconnect the call. 

@Jencho wrote:

I would suggest go to Walmart public mobile and ask them to show u if data is on

Just ask a relative to see if data is on

Walmart and other retail locations are not points fo contact for customer service and support for Public Mobile customers. The Public Mobiel brand involves offering lower prices by cutting out these different levels of support.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jencho wrote:

Did they fix it or did they verify the situation (out of data)?

Jencho
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

JenL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@DOA 

It's all good, no problem! It would be different if I had a full house, no worries.

DOA

@mpcdesign I'm aware that she can simply turn off her wifi.  But I didn't want to complicate this for her more than it already is.

And Walmart Public Mobile isn't the best technical support staff either. 

@Jencho wrote:

I would suggest go to Walmart public mobile and ask them to show u if data is on

Retail locations are not there to provide technical support.

@DOA, you don't need to go outside to test your data out? 

@Maryphillips, turn off your wi-fi. And then turn on your mobile data. Then do a search online. If you get a message that says no internet, then you have no data. But, if you see a web page, then you have data working.

Jencho
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

JenL

I hope that with everything you tried there was a solution.

DOA

Hey Mary,

First thing you should do is find out if your data is or isn't working.

When you're outside away from wifi, open a browser and go to google.ca.

If you're able to surf, your data is working and the MMS problem is something else.

@Maryphillips wrote:

Hi thank you for suggestion,I will try that,but question will I lose my info on my cell ???

@Maryphillips 

Doing a network reset will not lose information on your cell.  

However, if that does not work, you may need to do a factory reset, which will lose all information.  Need to backup your phone if you do a factory reset.  Hopefully, you will not need to try a factory reset.  

Maryphillips

Hi thank you for suggestion,I will try that,but question will I lose my info on my cell ???

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Maryphillips wrote:

I'm using a LG 4

You need to network reset your LG G4 after changing provider before your data working again.

- Go to setettings

- search for "network reset"

- Follow the prompt to network reset your phone.

Maryphillips

Thank You so much I will try easy solution first,then if it doesn't fix issue I will try manual

Maryphillips

I'm using a LG 4

Dolphin1

I have this issue on and off.  Someone on here suggested I put it in airplane mode for 2-3 minutes.  This helped reset things and I was able to send the MMS.  Hope this suggestion helps you.

@Maryphillips 

Wirh LG phone, you may need to do factory reset for data to work. LG phone are known to have that issue. 

Maryphillips

I'm using a L.G 4,and when I got public service at my Walmart,they said all is good,so I'm just baffled

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Maryphillips wrote:

It will take a while to try this as I'm a 73 yr old who is not very tech savvy, thank you for reply

Do the simple procedure first.

- Enable data

- With your PM SIM card installed, restart your phone and let the PM SIM card to configure your APN setting automatically.  

If you still cannot send MMS picture after reset you need to manually configure your APN as above.

@Maryphillips 

Which phone model are you using?  Maybe try network reset. 

Maryphillips

It will take a while to try this as I'm a 73 yr old who is not very tech savvy, thank you for reply

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

You need to check if your APN settings are correct in your phone. They should be like picture below.

Screenshot_20191225_182521.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.