cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Nick67
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recenctly changed my plan to get an extra 500 mb of data a month , and also have been given a promo 1gb a week ago. I am wondering why these changes dont show up on my phone data meter. Each month when I renew it automaticaly resets . Changes do show on my account.

I would appreciate some input

Thanks Nick

7 REPLIES 7

Nick67
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Resolved

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Nick67 wrote:

I am wondering why these changes dont show up on my phone data meter. Each month when I renew it automaticaly resets .

@Nick67 apologies if someone already answered this part--I didn't see it addressed on a quick scan of the replies so far.  The data meter on your phone has absolutely no idea what plan you are on.  You have to go into the settings for it and adjust how much data your plan has if you desire to do so.  It would be nice if there was some way your phone could retrieve your plan details programatically from your provider and adjust itself automatically, but there's no such universal API that I'm aware of for phone manufacturers to use.  If you look at how long it's taken for providers world-wide to roll out things like VoLTE, VoWiFi, and RCS/Chat to all subscribers, it would take many years for something like this to come along and work properly for everyone, and unfortunately I don't see it happening any time soon.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Vengence99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I know iPhones for sure need to be manually reset. We have three in the house Mine 8+ daughter 8  and son 6+ all need manual reset monthly if we wanna track data that way. (Wife has Samsung) no idea about them. 

In your public mobile self serve account it should showup something like this under your add-on section.

Screenshot_20190908_204051.jpg

Yes you should reset the data tracker on your phone for the months with more or less than 30 days in them to accurately track your data usage. I.e. August has 31 days September has 30.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Nick67 

As long as the data shows in your account tracker, you should be fine.  It should be in your overview page in the Add ons section.  

Depending on your model of phone, its tracker would be different from Public Mobile's tracker. If I need to keep track on my phone, I usually will reset the tracker on the day my plan renews.  

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

The 1Gb Add on should show up under My Data & Add-Ons in your selfserve. Your extra 500Mb if you qualify should show up something like 500Mb + 500Mb at 3G speed as a seperate item.

The way it works is they are seperate items, the latter month reoccuring one will be used first then if you go over it will use the 1Gb data bucket.

Need Help? Let's chat.