cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

RODNEY2008
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

my data stopped whats going on? I am not due till next week to buy more time? 

39 REPLIES 39

I do not believe a change of plan will change anything.

RODNEY2008

I am going from 25 a month to 40 a month do I still getmy 1 gig of data free as advertised? 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

I have merged these threads.  The sign into network message is an indication that you've run out of data.

Oh I just thought that I fell off of a tree and that I'm replying to a random thread. For a moment here I started looking at my tabs open. Now it makes sense

PS. They are kinda different issues

Fair enough, but I disagree.  The sign into network on-screen message is the exact message that would be displayed if the meber has ran out of data.  It's my understanding that data has stopped working on this account, and that sign into network would explain why it has stopped working.

i thought that op used it up, it doesn't show up in the list

maybe i'm wrong

@GinYVR wrote:

@kselmakAs long as the OP doesnt' change the $25 plan.. he will stay on the $25 plan and get the bonus if he signs up for autopay.

That's great news

If I were you @RODNEY2008 I would definitely go for it.

Now I can't tell you how long will it take to get that bonus, you may get it tomorrow or in 2 weeks.

If you can't waste, contact the moderators and ask them to renew you ASAP. If you can wait I would advise that.

Let us know if you have issues adding your credit card, it may be smooth if website is smooth, when website is glitchy and flaky it may reject it. In that case I would advise you to try later.

Oh and I almost forgot, it almost always performs better and smoother in incognito mode, so you should try there right away

Cheers

@kselmakAs long as the OP doesnt' change the $25 plan.. he will stay on the $25 plan and get the bonus if he signs up for autopay.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RODNEY2008 wrote:

so for 25 a month for 1 gig what should my warning be set to then? or if I get 40$ and its 3 gig or what ever what should it be set to for warning me? 

The system will send you warning texts at 75% and 95% from 611.

@RODNEY2008 wrote:

thanks I dont think I got extra on my account all I did was pay for sim card and 25 air time 

You can actually register now and have it for the next billing cycle.

Does anybody know if he would need to choose the 25 plan again or would it be automatic

RODNEY2008

thanks I dont think I got extra on my account all I did was pay for sim card and 25 air time 

For 25 you get 500m of data

If you are on autopay you get another 500 bonus and $2off

Screenshot_20190822-232150.png

For 40 you get 4.5g of data but if you are on autopay you get 5g and $2 off

You can set limits on your phone to worn you that you are approaching the limit

It's at the same place where you would see data usage

Here is an example on my phone

But the counter on your phone will not be the same as on system just close enough for kinda reference

RODNEY2008

ha ha stop messing me around I try to stay on topic and keep topics sep  like data to data net work to net work 

@kselmak wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

I have merged these threads.  The sign into network message is an indication that you've run out of data.

Oh I just thought that I fell off of a tree and that I'm replying to a random thread. For a moment here I started looking at my tabs open. Now it makes sense

Fair enough, but I disagree.  The sign into network on-screen message is the exact message that would be displayed if the meber has ran out of data.  It's my understanding that data has stopped working on this account, and that sign into network would explain why it has stopped working.

@RODNEY2008 wrote:

what U mean merged ?

I combined the messages threads into one as they were both the issues that you're have with data services.

RODNEY2008

so for 25 a month for 1 gig what should my warning be set to then? or if I get 40$ and its 3 gig or what ever what should it be set to for warning me? 

@computergeek541 wrote:

Oh you should turn on autopay.

Website is not stable so you may have to try adding your card couple of times, I suggest don't do it too many times so it doesn't get flagged. 

When you login to self-serve click on make payment, then manage Visa, than add your card. Make a small payment to make sure it works.

You can still buy vouchers or withdraw manually, that's totally ok. Just the fact that the autopay is on will give you 500 megs of data every month and the little $2 bonus.

RODNEY2008

what U mean merged ?

@RODNEY2008 wrote:

how do I clear cache? Samsung A5 here 

@RODNEY2008  Open chrome or whatever browser your using goto settings and clear your history.

RODNEY2008

how do I clear cache? Samsung A5 here 

@RODNEY2008 wrote:

says public mobile  and then the network that you are trying to join has security issues 

for example the login page might not belong to the organisation shown continue anyway via browser not sure why getting this then it showed Telus 

@RODNEY2008  That means that there is a problem with the certificate of the website you are trying to access. Maybe clear you browser's cache and type in the address into your browser.

RODNEY2008

I have Prepaid visa from bank but I normally go to a store and ask for air time of 25 or 40.00 I dont know if Visa debit will work.

RODNEY2008

this is on my cell phone it says 

Are you on autopay? It doesn't just reduce your plan by $2 but also doubles your data (from 500 megs you jump to 1g). Do you have a credit card that you feel comfortable registering with public mobile?

I'm using 250m and I find I have to restrict data on lots of apps. 

I don't know anything about iPhones, but in Android if you go to your settings, and then data, below your data usage you can see the apps that use the most data, they are in decreasing order. 

You can tweak the usage interval to match your renewal date and that will show you how much your phone measured you used different that period. It should be very close maybe just a bit less than real use.

Start with the top app and when you click on it you will have option to restrict background data. It is good thing to do unless it is an essential app, you don't want to restrict messages or phone. Once restricted those apps will wait for WiFi signal to do most of the background downloading and taking to their hosts.

To get more data you have couple of options, wait and use only WiFi or ask moderators to renew you early or buy add-on it is expensive but it never expireScreenshot_20190822-225622.png

Screenshot_20190822-225752.png

Screenshot_20190822-225817.png

RODNEY2008

I am due on the 5 of Sept I got line on the 6 of this month I think: 

@RODNEY2008 

Sorry, don't understand the issue.  Are you trying to access the Public mobile site and get this error message?  More details please.  

RODNEY2008

no sorry dont know how to: 

RODNEY2008

thats prob what happen and did not know but I close apps when done: 

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@RODNEY2008- 1 GB is quite a bit if only using for emails and basic web searches.  That is unless you have emails that are huge.  Did you check background apps?

@RODNEY2008 

$25 plan has 1 GB of data (if you are on autopay).  1 GB should be enough for your needs, but sometimes, your phone will use up more data than expected.  Other apps in your phone can use data in the background, or if there is an update, you could use much more data.  

RODNEY2008

25 a month I only use for email send and rec and phone number search listing. when on wifi I turn off data but was not sure how much I had for 25.00:

Need Help? Let's chat.