cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Silvaggios
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all, I'm a new member and can't seem to get my public mobile data to work. I can get wifi from my home server st home but when I tried to use my data when I was away from home I got nothing. Airplane mode is off. It says I have used 0 data out of my available

1 gb. 

11 REPLIES 11

pabloguerrero
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good stuff for me to get my data connection repaired. I was missing the last step. I struggled for a while but your complete list of steps made me through. Thank you.

Kelly5

I have had the same problem, added the APN setings as above but it would not save and said APN setting not allowed however when I swiped setting away (on android) it had apparently saved and connected randomly a few seconds later. Even going back in to look at the settings which are now correct when I press to leave it flashes not allowed but has kept the mobile data working.

@sonalisoni1796 wrote:

i also tried to do this in my setting and still iam getting no data on my phone, i have a google pixel xl phone,how can i get my data to work???? i paid extra for this......!

@sonalisoni1796  A Pixel XL should work with data on PM without any issues. Make sure data is on, mobile network is connected to Public Mobile and the APN is set to sp.mb.com.

sonalisoni1796

i also tried to do this in my setting and still iam getting no data on my phone, i have a google pixel xl phone,how can i get my data to work???? i paid extra for this......!

Silvaggios

Thanks it worked

@Silvaggios 

Yes, you will need to enter everything manually.  Hopefully, it will let you enter manually.  

Silvaggios

Do I need to type all of the above in?

@Silvaggios wrote:

My phone is an Asus zenphone go zb551kl

@Silvaggios  Other customers with Asus Zenfone had to add the APN manually. If your Android version is 8.1 you might not be able to add the APN and the only way to add it is to use a Freedom mobile sim or a roam.com sim. For other versions of Android you should be able to add it manually.

Silvaggios

My phone is an Asus zenphone go zb551kl

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Silvaggios wrote:

Hi all, I'm a new member and can't seem to get my public mobile data to work. I can get wifi from my home server st home but when I tried to use my data when I was away from home I got nothing. Airplane mode is off. It says I have used 0 data out of my available

1 gb. 

@Silvaggios You need to have there correct APN entry. What is the make and model of your phone?

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Silvaggios 

Make sure in your phone's settings that your cellular data is turned on.

Check the apn settings on your phone are: 

APN Settings:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80