cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

arnolddon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Will my data shut off once I have reached my limit ???

5 REPLIES 5

Nikita
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I like to place a data warning.  sometimes i find that i wasted my data because it never connected to my home wifi.   So i place a data warning at say 1/2 my data.  and then if i ever pass it, iplace another one so i can keep data only for emergency use. I used to be able to go 10 months with 1 gig of data add on.   but now i got the 1 gig a month cause it is the same price as before.  i find i dont need to cap.   

I have noticed that if you go to settings and turn off all background data, it does not really turn off all background data.  so i did this, on an android phone: settings, app and then the 3 dots to see more options, choose see all system apps.  then you see all the apps and you  go to each app, one by one, and uncheck background data allowed.   i keep it on only for email, facebook messenger  and sms  .. in the case of sms i also check the allow uunlimited. Hope this helps you stay within gig amounts.  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@arnolddon wrote:

Will my data shut off once I have reached my limit ???

Yes.  Your data will stop and no overage charge.

Options to get more data:

1.  If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data.  You can do the plan from self-serve.  Please not that you will not get rewards if you change plan because rewards are given out on 30 days renewal cycle.  But you send a private message to moderator for help.  YMMV.  You get your data back immediately with plan change.

2.  If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to send a private message to moderator.  Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.  If your next renewal date is 2 - 3 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.

3.  You can buy data add-ons $30 1GB data or $10 200MB data.  Expensive option

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Yes, once you reach your limit then you won't be able to access the internet unless you purchase an add-on, wait until your next renewal or change your renewal date.

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes it will and you will have to buy an add on.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@arnolddon Yes, as soon as you've reached your maximum allowed for the current cycle, the data will automatically shut off and then resume when your next cycle begins.  No overage charges here Smiley LOL

Need Help? Let's chat.