cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data useage in my plan

Thomasgallant
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have three phones with 15 dollar plans and a 40 dollar plan and it said that text and picture messages were to be unlimited, however on all of our phones data sems to be used while we are sending picture messages back forth between out phonesthis seems to be wrong to me 

9 REPLIES 9

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Thomasgallant 

Are you looking at the phone usage?

Your phone cannot know which data is included and which is measured. That kind of sorting is done on pm side.

This is why you will always see the difference between your phone usage and the your overview page statement

@Thomasgallant 

It will use the same data but it will not count it towards your allowance.

BUT if you are using iMessages you need to specify in your settings to use sms and not data.

If you still think it's going against your allowance you should contact moderators

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Thomasgallant  if you are using IPhones and Imessage then it uses data when not on wifi. To stop this enable data sms and mms and disable when not on wifi. Then the IPhones will not use your plan data when sending mms to each other. Stay safe. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Thomasgallant  Are your using iPhones or RCS? If yes enable MMS on iMessage. You  are correct though on your observation as  it appears that when using MMS it uses a small amount of your data  can't remember the exact amount but it's tiny few KBs per MMS.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Thomasgallant wrote:

Even though it seems to keep a running total of my data used on my phone?

@Thomasgallant to your phone it will show as data is used when you check your data usage but it is not deducted from your total data allotment 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Thomasgallant if your looking through the data usage through your phone, it is incorrect. you need to login to your self serve and refer to the "overview" counter. even then, when you send a message there will be about a 5mb buffer. but it should go back down after

Thomasgallant
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Even though it seems to keep a running total of my data used on my phone?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Thomasgallant 

Sending/receiving picture MMS does not use your data in your plan.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Thomasgallant hi data only needs to be on for mms it does not take away from your data allotment it will show up in your self serve as a data event but no deduction is taken, even if you are out of data you can still use mms as long as data is enabled 

Need Help? Let's chat.