cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data use blocked

jcr2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We removed our PM SIM cards to travel, and now our data won't connect using our old cards - phone service is fine and we've lots of data "available" - just won't connect.  I have done what this site suggested for "starting data on an android" but hasn't fixed the problem??

4 REPLIES 4

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jcr2 wrote:

We removed our PM SIM cards to travel, and now our data won't connect using our old cards - phone service is fine and we've lots of data "available" - just won't connect.  I have done what this site suggested for "starting data on an android" but hasn't fixed the problem??

If you have the correct APN settings for the phone and made sure the data is enabled then maybe try the lost/stolen trick as this should reset the SIM/account.

Log into your account and select plans/add-ons tab and report your phone lost and suspend service.  Log out and wait 5 mins and log back in and report phone found and resume service.  Log out and restart phone.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jcr2 wrote:

Try the simple procedure first.  WIth your PM SIM installed, enable data and restart your phone to configure your APN setting to PM automatically.  If fails, configure your APN manually.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

If you have a LG phone, you need to do a newtork reset after switching SIM card before your data working again.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@jcr2 wrote:

A bit more info would really help. How long has it been since your last renewal ? Does talk/text work ? Did you us the 10 Day US Roaming add-on and it's just now expired ?

GR
Mayor / Maire

@jcr2 wgat kind of phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.