cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

Sunshine-754
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would like to know if I used up my 1 Gb of data.  Would it stop there and not let meet use any more data or would it continue and there would be charges appear on my bill later?

3 REPLIES 3

Bayman2b
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The great thing about PM data plans is that when you are nearing using all your data, you will receive a text message letting you know that you at 75% and then 95% of your data plan being used up.   Gives you some time to regulate your useage or just top up your plan with an add-on.

Purplepan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public Mobile is a prepaid service, so you pay upfront for what you want to use. If you run out of data for a month, there will be no overage charges - your data will simply be out for that month (or your add-on that you pre-purchased will run out). If you want more data before your new cycle, you can purchase an add-on in self service.

You can check your balance on the main page of the self service website. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Sunshine-754 wrote:

I would like to know if I used up my 1 Gb of data.  Would it stop there and not let meet use any more data or would it continue and there would be charges appear on my bill later?

Yes it would just stop.  PM is prepaid so no overages.  You'd need to purchase a data add-on to access more data.

PM is giftling a free 1GB of data plus 400 international LD minutes to all customers.  You just need to log in and select the free offer for both.  But the website is overwhelmed, so wait until it's less busy to accept the offer.  It's availabe until Dec. 25th, so there's no rush unless you have depleted your plan data.

Need Help? Let's chat.