cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage text message telling lies.

Mike420
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received a text message yesterday saying I used 95 percent of my data which is not reflected when I login to my account. 

On top of this I didn't receive a 75 percent warning. Data usage is indicating both on my phone tracker and public mobile account to be around 40 percent used.

6 REPLIES 6

Mike420
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes it was from 611 saying public mobile here, you have used 95% of your data...

Self serve shows that I am under 40% used so far. Guess my biggest concern is some delay in self serve updating. 

I will just ignore it for now.

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Mike420 I use the tracker in the Self Serve Account and find it to be pretty accurate.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Mike420 wrote:

I received a text message yesterday saying I used 95 percent of my data which is not reflected when I login to my account. 

On top of this I didn't receive a 75 percent warning. Data usage is indicating both on my phone tracker and public mobile account to be around 40 percent used.

@Mike420 Just making sure this was a text from Public Mobile about the 95%? If so, and your Self Serve shows you have data left, then I would ignore the message.

OR, was this your phone data limiter warning you? Your phone can be set to provide you data warning limits as well. Check what those settings say.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Mike420 I would simply ignore notifications. Just check Self-service account. It shows the correct info regarding data usage.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Data usage tracker in the self serve account is usually very accurate.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I rarely get data usage notification, particularly during the pandemic.  I have not experienced this kind of issue myself.  

Need Help? Let's chat.