cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage on plan renewal

Sagle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m not sure if I’m the only one one who has this problem or not but for the last 3 months or so on the day that my plan renews I get a text message saying that I have used 75% of my data. this morning for instance, my plan renewed last night while I was sleeping. I woke up this morning to a text that said I had already used 75% of my data and I hadn’t even touched my phone yet. Is there a fix for this or am I just screwed? 

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Sagle wrote:

I’m not sure if I’m the only one one who has this problem or not but for the last 3 months or so on the day that my plan renews I get a text message saying that I have used 75% of my data. this morning for instance, my plan renewed last night while I was sleeping. I woke up this morning to a text that said I had already used 75% of my data and I hadn’t even touched my phone yet. Is there a fix for this or am I just screwed? 

@Sagle 

Are you getting this 75% warning from a Public Mobile text or from your actual device?

Your phone may be set up to warn you at 75% usage, but your phone may not match the start date of your billing cycle of your Public Mobile account.

But as already mentioned an app may be better as you can set it for your 30 day cycle and see whatever warnings you like on it.

@Sagle 

As @HALIMACS suggested...screenshot everything the day before snd after renewal. Overview page, payment history and your rewards page. If there is ever an error proof is key....

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Sagle 

That does not sound correct.

The BEST place to see actual data consumed, in almost real-time, is the self-serve landing page under the heading My Data and Add-On's. (See below example)

HALIMACS_0-1621374673598.png

I might recommend looking here and screenshotting the page on the evening of, and morning after, your future renewals.

Make sure your apps are set to never use background mobile data  -AND-  also that Wi-Fi assist (which reverts Wi-Fi connections to mobile data connections when Wi-Fi is weak), is set to OFF.

for easier tracking of data usage, you might want to install some apps that able to track 30 days usage like "Data Counter Widget" or  "Data Witness PM"

@Sagle 

Actually when you log in it will probably show 5mb or so as this is "ghost data" that shows when your phone or apps connect to mobile data but it resets every night or when you toggle airplane mode on/off.

More importantly just make sure your plan data reset. As long as it has then you are just getting a mistaken text message from pm which happens to some customers. Just get in the habit of checking on the day of your renewal for your plan data to be reset. That way if it doesn't for some reason you will be right on top of it and can contact tne moderators right away to fix it.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Sagle  if you logon to Self-Serve this morning, what do you see in terms of how much data you have used?  Since it renewed today, it should be showing very little data used , 0mb or close to it.

Need Help? Let's chat.