Data usage error

iko
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello @CS_Agent,

There are several errors on my data usage:

June 24, 2017 12:38 917MB

June 23, 2017 12:50 219MB

June 22, 2017 12.02 466MB

In particular on June 24 I know for sure I was connected to the wifi network at work. Can someone look into this please, as this was the last of my data and I was very careful not to spend it, it must be an error.

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

Reset your data usage statistics then monitor your phone's measure against the PM system; allow 1 day for the PM system to catch up.

OR get a data tracker app: https://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-track-iphone-data-usage/

I've been with PM 3 years and their data measure has never been wrong.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

iko

Most of the usual culprits were had cellular data off, i.e. the Apps store, the Mail app, and many others. I wasn't traveling (sleeping) so Waze or Google Maps couldn't do it. Facebook Messenger, Viber, Zangi, Whatsapp show absolutely no data transfer anywhere near that time (midnight). There was no OS update. So, it's a mystery to me how almost 1G of data was used up while I was asleep, and with no trace of such transfer on the phone. That's why I insisted that there must have been an error on their system. The way they dealt with it was "it's your problem, end of story." AFAIC they lost a customer as soon as I find a similar plan elsewhere. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@iko did you investigate on your iPhone to see what apps were using data?

This post from @Rockdaddy22 might be helpful:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Data-add-on-not-working/m-p/173894/high...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

iko

I contacted the mods privately, two of them replied. Apparently the system shows that I used up over 900MB on July 24th, right after midnight. I was sleeping at the time, and as far as I know the iPhone was connected to wifi. I insisted that there must be an error, they kept saying  "the system shows you used up over 900MB in an hour and a half, bla bla." And so the story ends, I'm not happy with the way they handled this.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@iko do you use MMS messaging, particularly on those days, to send or receive lots of pictures or videos?  I believe it still shows up in your daily data usage but does NOT come out of your available data amount.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

What apps have background refresh/auto update turned on? 

iko

Apologies, all cases are from July.

The iPhone has Wifi assist turned off for many months.

I thought that I could tag @CS_Agent

to go off of @Luddite some android phones also have a similar feature, so best to browse your settings if thats the case

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

If you have an iPhone be sure wifi assist is turned off, otherwise you may be using cellular data even though connected to wifi.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@iko, do you mean July instead of June or are you talking like last month and now just bringing it up?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Send a msg to mod hopefully they will look after you.
Send your email address
Phone number
SIM number
Explanation of issues

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Private-Messages-viewing-and-creating/...

Hopefully they will get back to you soon. Thx
Need Help? Let's chat.