cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage did not reset

lewiscj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently signed up with Public Mobile and went with the $25 a month plan.  This plan includes 500MB + 500MB bonus with AutoPay.  Does the data usage reset every billing cycle?  So, every 30 days?

17 REPLIES 17

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@tq wrote:

Thanks, the question is not how much is used but not being renewed. I will go with your last comment , and hope the PM moderators can help.

"Of course, if the issue is that your plan data is not getting reset on renewal, then only the moderators will be able to help."

@tq  Yes sounds like there may be an account issue if your data is not getting reset at renewal.  Unfortunately, that does happen occasionally, hopefully moderators will get it sorted quickly for you.  Good luck.

tq
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks, the question is not how much is used but not being renewed. I will go with your last comment , and hope the PM moderators can help.

"Of course, if the issue is that your plan data is not getting reset on renewal, then only the moderators will be able to help."

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@tq wrote:

I seem to be having "data not being reset" for months. I may have been reset once but it is not consistent. I have the $15 autopay plan  and I hardly use my 250 MB each month.

I will try the PM moderator link. I did try the avator and it sent me here

@tq   How much data are you seeing being used?  Usually there is a nominal amount (approx. 5.3mb) that shows up being used which is referrend to as buffer or ghost data .  This can be reset by turing on/off your data or toggling the airplane mode. 

If you are seeing more than that used, then make sure your apps are only updating via wifi. Also make sure your background data is disabled/restricted.  Another thing you can do to keep control of how much data is being used up, is to only turn on data when you are out of wifi range.

Of course, if the issue is that your plan data is not getting reset on renewal, then only the moderators will be able to help.

tq

I seem to be having "data not being reset" for months. I may have been reset once but it is not consistent. I have the $15 autopay plan  and I hardly use my 250 MB each month.

I will try the PM moderator link. I did try the avator and it sent me here

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there!

Here is SIMon --> SIMon, our friendly chatbot which is waiting to help you with this. He knows a lot of tricks regarding situations like this one. 

Wish you a great day!

@Pearlpaul wrote:

I have same problem and I tried lost phone and it still didn’t reset. Any other suggestions

@Pearlpaul 
Can you check your usage history?https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/viewUsageChangePlan/ 

Can you contact moderators

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

Sorry I'm comparing posts

Pearlpaul

I have same problem and I tried lost phone and it still didn’t reset. Any other suggestions

lewiscj

Contact a moderator using this link: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator.  Look for the "Click here" to create a private message.  Provide as much details as possible.

Yanwj

I'm also having this exact problem. 

Immy1234

I tried that but every time I submit his ‘send ticket’ link, it goes to a screen that says 403 forbidden. 

@Immy1234 https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ Use this link and start a conversation with SIMon once you think he has enough information then type submit ticket. A ticket will be generated for you that way.

Immy1234

How do you go about sending a ticket in for mods to fix that? I had the same problem occur

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Best to do your research. Did you send a ticket so the mods can fix it for you?

lewiscj

I tried the suspend and then re-active proceedure and my data usage remains the same.  The Public Mobile data usage tracker should have reset on September 6 but it didn't.  I can confirm that it didn't based on Public Mobile usage history page.  Also, my iPhone confirms that it hasn't been reset since August 6.  I did receive a text from Public Mobile on September 10 that there was a billing error.  thanks.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@lewiscj wrote:

I recently signed up with Public Mobile and went with the $25 a month plan.  This plan includes 500MB + 500MB bonus with AutoPay.  Does the data usage reset every billing cycle?  So, every 30 days?

Yes your plan and all the features in the plan will reset every 30 days upon renewal.

When was your renewal?  If the data didn't get reset and your renewal just happened, then try the lost/stolen trick:

Log into your account, select plans/add-ons, select phone lost and suspend. Log out, wait 5 mins and log back in and report phone found and resume service.  Log out and restart your phone.  This should reset the account and SIM.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Yes

You should be able to see when you login to your selfserve on the overview page, lower left side should contain counter of everything you have included in. your plan, your add-ons and bonuses. If you consume something up completely it will disappear from the list.

Whatever is part of your plan will reset every 30 days, add-ons will just stay until consumed or if timed until expiry

Need Help? Let's chat.