cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mydoghunter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Data usage and Usage history pages don't add up

Hi, wondering why the Data usage page says I have used 214MB of data, but when I go to the usage history page to see when I used this data, all entries for the past 30 days add up to only about 100MB? 

Keep in mind these are BOTH PM pages and NOT a counter on my phone. You would expect them to be at least close!

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

Re: Data usage and Usage history pages don't add up

@mydoghunter hmmm interesting. I'm guessing the usage on the "view my usage" page hasn't updated yet. and the overview page is more current. keep an eye on it

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel4 wrote:

@mydoghunter hmmm interesting. I'm guessing the usage on the "view my usage" page hasn't updated yet. and the overview page is more current. keep an eye on it

I second this. What's the possibility that you've used that much data just in the last day?

The overview page is pretty darn immediate. The details not so much.

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@mydoghunter funny thing is, my usage history is saying I've used more data than my overview page... maybe I stole your data 🤏

mydoghunter

@gpixel4 Are you at least making good use of it? 😁

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@mydoghunter most definitely! thanks 👍. I'll get you back next month 😂

mydoghunter

@z10user4  Lately, I'm home and connected to wifi most of the time. I'm surprised if I have any data usage at all, so that's why it was so easy to see a discrepancy

Maybe a moderator can explain? How do I get one to look at my situation?

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@mydoghunter wrote:

@z10user4  Lately, I'm home and connected to wifi most of the time. I'm surprised if I have any data usage at all, so that's why it was so easy to see a discrepancy

Maybe a moderator can explain? How do I get one to look at my situation?

Do you have wifi failover or whatever flavour it's called on whatever phone? If you get out of range or a weak signal then maybe your phone flipped over to cell data. It's at that point that you'd need to make sure your phone won't do OS or app updates so as not to unnecessarily use up cell data when connected to it.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mydoghunter  Why not check the data usage on your device. Just sync up the start date with your plans start date. You should be able to determine your data usage and which apps used it.

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@mydoghunter you can message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

Need Help? Let's chat.