cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data traffic and Add-on

g963088098
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought 1GB add-on $30 (Data) today, but the Data flow is not available, so I charged $10 again, so the Data flow is still not available (I bought a $40 package before),Accout owing 0$. I would like to ask what happened, why is it not available after I bought the Data flow

27 REPLIES 27

If you want to renew your $40 plan early. Follow guide below on how to do it via SIMon the chat bot. Click link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/RENEW-PLAN-EARLY-via-SIMON/m-...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@g963088098 wrote:

Ok how does it work

How does what work? Renewing early?

Way back on the first page of this thread are the methods to contact the moderators to also renew early.

@g963088098 Contact the moderators and ask them to to renew early. Use this private message link to contact them 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@g963088098 wrote:

Ok how does it work

g963088098

Ok how does it work

Anonymous
Not applicable

@g963088098 wrote:

If I choose the second choice--renew the same plan early,I only need to pay 40 $ until 2/28, and then pay 40 $ or until the checkout date in March.

No. You start a new 30 day term.

Edit: ninja'd

@g963088098 You will lose whatever money is left on this months plan now. Will be charged $40 and your new 30 day cycle will start from today.

@g963088098 wrote:

If I choose the second choice--renew the same plan early,I only need to pay 40 $ until 2/28, and then pay 40 $ or until the checkout date in March.

g963088098

Anonymous
Not applicable

@g963088098 wrote:

So you mean you can return my money?!?

If you're tight on cash then unfortunately it takes weeks to get refunded.

So your options are:

1. renew early with your funds on hand - needs moderator assistance

2. buy add-ons - that's the second step mentioned

3. survive until the 28th and your funds on hand will renew your plan with no additional payment card charge

Edit: ninja'd and a better answer

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@g963088098 

You added $40 in your account and did not purchase any add-on yet.

You used all the data from your $40 plan.

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change.
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the bottom right hand corner of this page. Moderator wait time is 2 days. If your next renewal date is 2 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $30 1GB data or $10 200MB data. Expensive option

Here are 3 choices.  You were trying to use option 3 which is an expensive option. 

If you want to use your $40 in your available fund to renew your $40 plan(option 2), you need to get moderator to do it for you.

If your $40 plan does not meet your monthly data need, you should change to the $50 for 8.5GB with autopay enable (options 1).

g963088098

So you mean you can return my money?!?

@g963088098 can you survive with wifi for a week? Since your plan renewal day is Feb 28th...it would be silly to pay $30 for 1gig add-on..unless you really really need it.....

@g963088098 wrote:

EBE54C52-3056-4E0E-A9E0-4EA25394C7A7.jpeg

@g963088098  Yup, you used up all your data.

g963088098

EBE54C52-3056-4E0E-A9E0-4EA25394C7A7.jpeg

@g963088098 wrote:

My Available Funds show 40$,the data in my  $40 plan work before ,and i don't have run out.

That means that you did not purchase the add-on which is a good thing. If your data is not working because you used it up as I mentioned above since you already have the $40 in your account, ask PM to renew you existing plan early. Much better value than paying $40 for 1.25 GB of data.

g963088098

Amount owing is 10$

g963088098

The money is in my balance. The second 10 $ is the extra 10 $ that I paid after buying 30 $.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@g963088098 wrote:

My Available Funds show 40$,the data in my  $40 plan work before ,and i don't have run out.

If you haven't run out of your plan data then why are you purchasing the add-on?

Maybe post a screen snip of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

@g963088098 wrote:

@g963088098 follow the guide on above posts. To buy the addon. You have to do the second step now.

g963088098

@gblackma wrote:

I think the second add on is the 200mb $10 one @Jb456 .

Possible 🙂

I think the second add on is the 200mb $10 one @Jb456 .

Bullet77
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So you have the Data now its just not added to your account.

This should help:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@g963088098 wrote:

I bought 1GB add-on $30 (Data) today, but the Data flow is not available, so I charged $10 again, so the Data flow is still not available (I bought a $40 package before),Accout owing 0$. I would like to ask what happened, why is it not available after I bought the Data flow

@g963088098  Dial 611 and check your account balance. Is the $40 in your funds? If yes, why are you purchasing data add-ons it's better to use those funds and ask the moderator to renew you plan early.

If the $40.00 in not in your balance then check the data counter on the landing page of your selfserve account. If it's not showing up then you have used up the data. If that's not the case then submit a ticket to PM for help.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is a two step process - you need to purchase and add it to your account.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

So first a bit of confusion. First 1gig data add-on you paid $30 which is the correct price for the add-on.

But I'm confused where the $10 is coming from for second one? Unless it's a typo and should have been another $30?

Is the money in your account balance??

If so it's a two step process to buy add-ons. See guide below

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/td-p/198974

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@g963088098 did you actually buy the add ons? Or just add the payment to your account?  It's a 2 step process, add paymemt them buy the add on. If you did buy the add on, and it's not showing. Then contact a moderator and explain your situation.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon . Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one . ( CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket 

@g963088098 wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@g963088098 wrote:

What does your Available Funds show for balance?

Did the data in your $40 plan work before and you've just run out?

Need Help? Let's chat.