Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data suddenly stopped working

Fionak66
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi 

long time user of PM never had any issues- two days ago data stopped working 

received text from PM saying I was at 95% usage of my plan 

so I sent payment to top up my account (am on auto pay every three months but I topped up early) account now in credit 

data still not working 

have done factory reset on phone. Didn’t work 

iPhone 6s 

can anyone help? 

Thank you! 

14 REPLIES 14

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@leeandrist wrote:

So my plan has renewed as of yesterday and I still have no data, even though I’ve paid. What now?

@leeandrist like I asked earlier today, could you please sign into your self-serve account, and on the overview page, look at the lower section, my add-ons and data.  Do you see your plan data listed there or not?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Did you write a message to the moderator for help @leeandrist???

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You can try what the other told you waiting for a reply....Smiley Frustrated

Anonymous
Not applicable

@leeandrist wrote:

So my plan has renewed as of yesterday and I still have no data, even though I’ve paid. What now?

So have you read the previous posts and gathered facts or tried things?

mimmo

@leeandrist

does your phone have a data limit?

is your data off? 

do you see the addon in your overview page?

leeandrist

srlawren

@Anonymous wrote:

@leeandrist wrote:

What do you mean by "still"?

Maybe try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

It also sounds like it could very well be yet another APN matter. Let's see what happens with the above suggestion.

Maybe post a screenshot of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

@Anonymous by still, @leeandrist means they ran out of data near the end of their last cycle (see above, they mention getting the 95% warning and then data stopped) and data is still not working after the renewal last night.  I doubt it's APN since it was working previously and they don't generally change themselves to a non-working configuration.  The lost/stolen trick might work, but I'd still like to know what shows in the my add-ons and data section of the overview page.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@leeandrist wrote:

What do you mean by "still"?

Maybe try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

It also sounds like it could very well be yet another APN matter. Let's see what happens with the above suggestion.

Maybe post a screenshot of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

srlawren

@leeandrist if you sign into your self-serve account, on the overview page (the page you land on after signing in), do you see your data bucket listed in the bottom half of the page?  

leeandrist

srlawren

@leeandrist your phone's settings can tell you what apps or services have been using data recently.  Check here for Android Phones, or here for iPhones.

mimmo

@leeandrist you probably downloaded a system update on data not wifi. 

Again the options are 

Buy a data addon 1gb $30

Do an immediate plan change to a different plan 

Ask mods to renew your plan early

Go without data till renewal

The plan change or renewal will forgo any remaining time left in your existing plan

leeandrist

I have this exact same problem ran out of data 2 weeks into my cycle with the "95% used" message the day before, which is absurd because i have never gone through 8gb of data that fast. went through my usage and finding multiple large ticket data usage stamps up to 900mb each which makesno sense as i don't download anything. i'm also looking for a solution

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Fionak66 first think if you have top up your account you have probably loose what was on your account before....

And second if you have problem with your data...because all are gone you can buy  an add-on...with data 250Mb for 8$ or 1GO for 30$....

And why all your data are already gone you can go in your self serve account in View my usage or in history usage in Plans and adds-on...

mimmo

@Fionak66 simply topping up does nothing. You either need to do an immediate plan change to a new different plan or you need to add funds then request the mods to renew your plan early. 

Need Help? Let's chat.