cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data stacking, what's the maximum?

FrankLp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Let's say I dont use my all my data in a month it gets stacked on top of the next month right?

My question is just how high can it stack up is there a limit, should i lower my next month data to avoid losing gigs or will it never max out?

8 REPLIES 8

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

A quick suggestion is to use is inconsistent each month is to take advantage of the 90-day plans.

Essentially your bunch of gigs is allocated for the entire 90 days (almost 3 months) & you decide how to use it.

This was one of the advantages of PM - out of town for a week or 2 & that data can be used later in your 90-day cycle.

And as others have said the added on's stay with you/ roll over until used up but they are a bit expensive.

Another option for more data cheaper is the 3G plans as many folks are reporting it works for most uses, with the potential of some buffering of videos.

@FrankLp wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FrankLp wrote:

Ohh that's a bummer, other than great prices this was one of my main reasons for switching, shouldve read more carefully. Still worth it but a bummer.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I was with Telus post-paid spending like $75 a month. I had a substantial life change a while ago and so asked their loyalty department what they could do. $65. I had already been looking at Koodo and thought yeah thanks. Bought a Koodo SIM. Delayed activating it. Learned of the existence of this place and here I am. Great fan of the Community and the Rewards...albeit smallllll.

The biggest thing I learned about add-ons was that rollover meant something very different to me. I had the same idea in mind as you. Not what got me here in the first place but still. Then I learned how it worked and thought about it and then downgraded my plan to the minimum and now use add-ons. This I learned from the eminent will13am. Keep the base rate low and consume what you need. Done. Happy. So far. It's only been a couple weeks.

So if you read this ramble...there you go. 🙂

Interesting, and it doesn't cost more to go with add ons instead? I have the 8gb@3g with phone and text for 50$ so you're saying if i want my left over data to carry on i should buy add ons instead and in the end i'll pay the same?

I haven't done my research yet but care to explain a bit more ? What do you use ?

Please don't try to buy 8GB of add-on data every month.  You will go bankrupt doing it.  Using data add-on is for those customers who won't finish 1GB of data in a month.  With the carry over, the data can be used over several months.  Otherwise at $30 a pop, it would be expensive otherwise. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@FrankLp wrote:

Interesting, and it doesn't cost more to go with add ons instead? I have the 8gb@3g with phone and text for 50$ so you're saying if i want my left over data to carry on i should buy add ons instead and in the end i'll pay the same?

I haven't done my research yet but care to explain a bit more ? What do you use ?

Oh for what you get the add-ons are much more. But you need to know that I now use my phone very little.

I started here with the $35 build-your-own. Unlimited CA/US, texting, 500mb data. I'm now on the lowest $10 plan. I got the 200 "LD" minutes and the 200mb add-ons. My only hesitation point is the limited outgoing texting. That I need to see how that turns out.

So my thinking here is that I am *required* to pay $10. I pay once for the minutes and data and then consume them over time. Not having to pay each month for something that I might barely use. ie. data. Then I consume the thing and I re-buy the add-on and start again unrelated to the monthly required amount.

As for your other questions about time and rewards...well ok I spend far more time here than my spouse would like but as per the promotional materials here...I paid nothing for this past renewal due to earning Community Rewards. Not enough to cover the add-ons but still.

So so far I'm a happy camper. Thanks to this place. (for my mobile communications needs) (jeez let's not get carried away...it's just a phone service)

FrankLp

@Anonymous wrote:

@FrankLp wrote:

Ohh that's a bummer, other than great prices this was one of my main reasons for switching, shouldve read more carefully. Still worth it but a bummer.

I was with Telus post-paid spending like $75 a month. I had a substantial life change a while ago and so asked their loyalty department what they could do. $65. I had already been looking at Koodo and thought yeah thanks. Bought a Koodo SIM. Delayed activating it. Learned of the existence of this place and here I am. Great fan of the Community and the Rewards...albeit smallllll.

The biggest thing I learned about add-ons was that rollover meant something very different to me. I had the same idea in mind as you. Not what got me here in the first place but still. Then I learned how it worked and thought about it and then downgraded my plan to the minimum and now use add-ons. This I learned from the eminent will13am. Keep the base rate low and consume what you need. Done. Happy. So far. It's only been a couple weeks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@FrankLp wrote:

FrankLp

Anonymous
Not applicable

@FrankLp wrote:

Let's say I dont use my all my data in a month it gets stacked on top of the next month right?

My question is just how high can it stack up is there a limit, should i lower my next month data to avoid losing gigs or will it never max out?

No stacking. Or what I call accumulation. As popping said, just the add-ons carry on until consumed. Or what they call rollover. Which I kinda think of as a bit of a misnomer.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@FrankLp wrote:

Only the unused data add-on can be roll over to next 30 days.

Your plan data will not be rolled over to next 30 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.