cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data speed

JCN
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

does anyone know how to check the speed of data that we are getting from our plan?

Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JCN here's how you can tell without using a bunch of data in a test:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/How-to-tell-data-plan-speed/m-p/173079/...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Deez13 wrote:

best way is to simply go to google.ca then type speed test 

The speed test from Google is hit and miss many times for me. It would never give me the max speed when speedtest web app can. I think the speed test tool on Google search page is good for those with low speed. 

Deez13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

best way is to simply go to google.ca then type speed test 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@JCN wrote:

Hi,

does anyone know how to check the speed of data that we are getting from our plan?

Thanks 

@JCN  Go to fast.com

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JCN wrote:

Hi,

Thanks 

You can do speedtest.  But don't wait your data by running speedtest especially during the first 3 days after activation because you are getting a full LTE speed which will consume your data quickly.  Be warned.  Don't complain if you are doing speedtest with a plan will small amount of data.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @JCN ,

Sign into "My Account", and go to the 4th TAB "Plan and Add-ons".

Is this what you are looking for?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@JCN you could do a speed test, but don't, you will just waste your data.  For the first day or so you get 4g LTE speed. Then its throttled to 3mbts. On 3g, you get either max speed of approximately 20 to 40 mbts depending on the band acquired.  Stay safe. 

Edit look at @esjliv 's post below.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@JCN Oficialy, LTE data speed is limited, and it is to 3mb/sec. But you can force your phone to use 3G instead, and its speed can be up to 20mb or even higher depending of signal and how close to the tower you are. 

Need Help? Let's chat.