cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data service stopped working

jennygao777
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi PM agent,

I think my son over used my 12G usuage in 3 months, i could not use data anymore.

can you tell me if i can add a temp data pacakge for the rest of my days until August 15th?

thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Unless things have changed, the I-9 moderators can early renew the existing plan as a way of restoring data right away.  

@will13am that is still an option.  If the son has gone through 12GB in.... well about 68 days.... that would mean an average consumption of....180.7 MB /day (average).  With approx 90-68 = 22 days left, that means he, if his habits continue unchanged, would burn through just shy of another 4GB of add-on data, at a cost of 4 x $30/GB = $120 just to get to Aug 15th.  I think it would be best to persue the early renewal option and talk to your son about keeping his usage down@jennygao777.

@srlawren, I assume early renewal is viewed as a goodwill gesture that can be done once in a while but not as a way of turning a 90 day plan into a permanent 70 day plan.  The only long term solution is usage management.

@will13am agreed, hence my note in bold above.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Unless things have changed, the I-9 moderators can early renew the existing plan as a way of restoring data right away.  

@will13am that is still an option.  If the son has gone through 12GB in.... well about 68 days.... that would mean an average consumption of....180.7 MB /day (average).  With approx 90-68 = 22 days left, that means he, if his habits continue unchanged, would burn through just shy of another 4GB of add-on data, at a cost of 4 x $30/GB = $120 just to get to Aug 15th.  I think it would be best to persue the early renewal option and talk to your son about keeping his usage down, @jennygao777.

@srlawren, I assume early renewal is viewed as a goodwill gesture that can be done once in a while but not as a way of turning a 90 day plan into a permanent 70 day plan.  The only long term solution is usage management.

srlawren

@will13am wrote:

Unless things have changed, the moderators can early renew the existing plan as a way of restoring data right away.  

@will13am that is still an option.  If the son has gone through 12GB in.... well about 68 days.... that would mean an average consumption of....180.7 MB /day (average).  With approx 90-68 = 22 days left, that means he, if his habits continue unchanged, would burn through just shy of another 4GB of add-on data, at a cost of 4 x $30/GB = $120 just to get to Aug 15th.  I think it would be best to persue the early renewal option and talk to your son about keeping his usage down, @jennygao777.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@stonechucker wrote:

You really only have the option to add the 1GB add-on.  If a moderator were to renew a plan now, you'd be 'losing' all services paid for until your renewal.  Yes, the data is gone, but you've already paid for the unlimited voice and texting.

Unless things have changed, the moderators can early renew the existing plan as a way of restoring data right away.  

You really only have the option to add the 1GB add-on.  If a moderator were to renew a plan now, you'd be 'losing' all services paid for until your renewal.  Yes, the data is gone, but you've already paid for the unlimited voice and texting.

mimmo

YOu can buy a 1 gb addon for 30 days.  or you can ask the mods to early renew your plan.  depends on how much data you might need.

the 1 gb option will not expire untill it is used up ie.  if you ise 500 mb between now and your renewa date the next time you over use you will have 500mb left

Need Help? Let's chat.