cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data runs out.

gamblewithandy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My data has 95% used. My plan is still a week before expiring. Can I buy new monthly plan or do I need to buy add on?

11 REPLIES 11

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gamblewithandy wrote:

I praise u guys to everyone. Cause u r awesome

@gamblewithandy the praise is nice, but we are all customers like yourself.  If you haven't already, please see @Dunkman's reply above and send the moderator team a private message to make the request.  Due to the backlog, make sure you do it right away.

In the meantime, you might want to start reviewing your app settings to try not to get into this situation again. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

gamblewithandy

I would ike to stay wth the 8. 4 definetly isnt enuf. If u can help me out I would really watch now. Plus I got 1 freind s

I got switched already n 3 others that r goinf yo. I praise u guys to everyone. Cause u r awesome

@popping wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

@gamblewithandy

You will need to contact moderator to renew the same plan earlier, but the wait times are 2-3 days.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Other options include switching to another data plan (ie. $40 for 5 GB) or buying a 1GB data add on for $30 (expensive).  These options can be done by yourself.

I am wondering whether the online system will let subscriber to do plan change to $50 5.5GB plan without the autopay 500MB data.

Not sure....

OP could even maybe build own plan, with similar data amount for similar price.  Build your own is 6 GB + 2 GB bonus for $50 (with text and either canada+/- US calling)

popping

@Dunkman wrote:

@gamblewithandy

You will need to contact moderator to renew the same plan earlier, but the wait times are 2-3 days.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Other options include switching to another data plan (ie. $40 for 5 GB) or buying a 1GB data add on for $30 (expensive).  These options can be done by yourself.

I am wondering whether the online system will let subscriber to do plan change to $50 5.5GB plan without the autopay 500MB data.

@gamblewithandy

popping

@gamblewithandy wrote:

My data is gonna run out early again. I get into apps and not realize they are data sucking apps until I get my 75% used warning. So I have the $50 on my account, could you renew my plan early please? I have less than a HB left n I dont have access to internet any other way. So if i totally run out of data than i wont br able yo ask you.  

Thanks alot

Send a private message to moderator to renew your plan early.  Moderator wait time is about 3 days.

gamblewithandy

My data is gonna run out early again. I get into apps and not realize they are data sucking apps until I get my 75% used warning. So I have the $50 on my account, could you renew my plan early please? I have less than a HB left n I dont have access to internet any other way. So if i totally run out of data than i wont br able yo ask you.  

Thanks alot

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Effort wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

Buying a new monthly plan seems wasteful to me. If you buy a data addon it will roll over onto your renewal rather than the unused portion vanishing at that time. Depending on which plan you are on, you might want to consider upgrading for a plan that has more data if you use it a lot. Some of the larger plans dropped in price recently and that likely would be cheaper than buying data add-ons or early renewals for you. 

The data addon's are so much more expensive though. I believe it's $20 for 1GB, $15 for 500MB, and $10 for 250MB.

It depends from plan to plan but I believe you get way more value should you just renew early if you want more data.

I personally set my cap on my phone to 4GB of my 4.5GB plan. So if I wind up using all 4GB, I consider that last 500MB as my lifeline until my next renewal.

That's true, but at least with the add-on anything left over just rolls over to the next month(s) until it is all used so it gives that overage buffer each month until it is burned off. (Your package data is used first then the add-on). WIth the add-ons being so expensive, is the reason why I suggested perhaps the next package up might be the cheaper option in the long run. The funny thing is I barely use 1% of my data each month. There is high-speed wifi everywhere these days so it's rare I actually need data. For the OP, I am wondering if rather than renewing early or buying the add-on if it is possible in your area to coast to your renewal on free public wifi? 

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Psygineer wrote:

Buying a new monthly plan seems wasteful to me. If you buy a data addon it will roll over onto your renewal rather than the unused portion vanishing at that time. Depending on which plan you are on, you might want to consider upgrading for a plan that has more data if you use it a lot. Some of the larger plans dropped in price recently and that likely would be cheaper than buying data add-ons or early renewals for you. 

The data addon's are so much more expensive though. I believe it's $20 for 1GB, $15 for 500MB, and $10 for 250MB.

It depends from plan to plan but I believe you get way more value should you just renew early if you want more data.

I personally set my cap on my phone to 4GB of my 4.5GB plan. So if I wind up using all 4GB, I consider that last 500MB as my lifeline until my next renewal.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@gamblewithandy wrote:

My data has 95% used. My plan is still a week before expiring. Can I buy new monthly plan or do I need to buy add on?

You can put the required amount of funds into your account and have it sitting in available funds. Then you just messagethe moderators and ask them to renew your plan early

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.