Hey guys,

This is my current plan -

Pick & Pay
  • This plan includes: -
  • - 3 Choices with Provincial Talk
  • - 4 + 2GB BONUS at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk

I know that I can only call within my province, i.e. British Columbia, but if I head down to the east coast for a couple of days, will I be able to use my data in say, Montreal? Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

@typhoon00 wrote:

I have a different experience. I have the basic plan with 250MB DATA from Montreal. I am sure I cannot make nor receive long distance phone call. I went to Ottawa the other day and I noticed my DATA does not work when I tried to Google something. I did not think the concept of long distance does not  apply to DATA. If that is the case, I cannot use Google map when driving from Montreal to Ottawa. Can any one confirm that.

Go into self service to see what plan you are on. Choose Plan Details. If on a provincial plan you can change to the Canada Wide unlimited plan. You should be able to receive calls in any province you are in. You can use data anywhere in Canada. Next time you can test your sim in another phone. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@typhoon00 : All services should work nation-wide. All plans have Canada-wide calling.

Are you sure you have cell reception? Are you sure your plan is active? Are you sure you haven't used all your 100 minutes? Are you sure you haven't used all your data?

typhoon00
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a different experience. I have the basic plan with 250MB DATA from Montreal. I am sure I cannot make nor receive long distance phone call. I went to Ottawa the other day and I noticed my DATA does not work when I tried to Google something. I did not think the concept of long distance does not  apply to DATA. If that is the case, I cannot use Google map when driving from Montreal to Ottawa. Can any one confirm that.

@ShawnC13, well, now I'm confused 😞

I need to go to a different province now, just to confirm for myself.  Anyone in Quebec want a friendly visit?  Needs to be near a via line!  Kidding, maybe not... who knows!

@smp99, many members have experienced receiving calls from their home province while out of province and not having any minuted deducted from their LD plans

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is what I had understood, but this is contrary to what @ShawnC13 said just a few posts earlier about receiving or incoming

@smp99, There's a fancy excel spreadsheet graphic somewhere that says it, but while out of Province, but still in Canada:

Outgoing calls in the province you are in will work, to IN PROVINCE numbers.

Outgoing calls to HOME PROVINCE, will not complete with out LD addons.

Incoming calls from *ANYWHERE* will not work, without LD addons.

smp99

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@skyreveals, yes your data and texting is Canada wide and will have full use of it through out the country.  Also if you are going to Montreal people from BC will be able to call you but you can't call them bacak with out a long distance plan.  Also you will be able to call numbers within Quebec while there.

Hi - Can you confirm / clarify the part about receiving calls while out of province, but still in Canada. I went over this many times last year and I thought I could not receive any calls while out of province.

Since then I've heard rumblings that with your provincial plan will be able to receive calls anywhere in Canada from any number in the world. Is this true?

skyreveals
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Got it, thank you 🙂

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@skyreveals, yes your data and texting is Canada wide and will have full use of it through out the country.  Also if you are going to Montreal people from BC will be able to call you but you can't call them bacak with out a long distance plan.  Also you will be able to call numbers within Quebec while there.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

CalvinW

@skyreveals Yes, you will be able to use your data anywhere in Canada.

Need Help? Let's chat.