Did you mean: 

Data overages

AlpineII
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What is the charge for data overages?

3 REPLIES 3

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Others already addressed the question, but I'd add that PM is a prepaid only service (pay up front; only use what you paid for). Most carriers in Canada push their postpaid options (use away, get billed at the end of the usage period). 

It helps to understand that distinction. PM also has excellent add ons that don't expire until you use them up. So you can always pair your plan with an appropriate add on as a "safety net" (for example, if your plan has 100 minutes, you might want to add a minutes add on that only kicks in when your 100 mins are used up for the 30 day period).

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RossN wrote:

@AlpineII hi there are never any data overage charges your service just stops until next renewel or you buy an add on that's the great thing about PM you can also renew early with a moderators assistance or change your plan yourself in your "my account" 

**bleep** right! This is one of the major reasons Public is better than the rest of the phone companies, no more nickle and dime dinging me $1 here and $1 there for going over the limits or for long distance or for going out of my zone or for whatever!

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@AlpineII hi there are never any data overage charges your service just stops until next renewel or you buy an add on that's the great thing about PM you can also renew early with a moderators assistance or change your plan yourself in your "my account" 

Need Help? Let's chat.