cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data overage charges

lanashirley7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If my daughter goes over her data limit, will there be overage charges? She is on autopay? 

5 REPLIES 5

lanashirley7

Thank you very much for the replies. Very helpful. 

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is the advantage of pre-paid; use of what you got and you can't be charged more.

The disadvantage is that your service may get interrupted; however, I prefer this, than seeing a $5k bill at the end of the month.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lanashirley7 wrote:

If my daughter goes over her data limit, will there be overage charges? She is on autopay? 

As @hairbag1 mentions the data stops. Once she reaches the limit for text/data/talk minutes in her plan she won't be able use the feature where the limit has been reached.  Public Mobile has no pay-per-use charges; everything must be prepaid, which is great for teens that can use data/text/talk like it grows on trees, haha.

She/you can then purchase an add-on for talk minutes and data; there are currently no text add-ons.

zork1984

Just to supplement the answer above - since data is cut off once the allotment is used up, you may consider buying a data block just in case so data is still available, but still control the spending.  If she uses up the data block ($30 for 1GB) often, then you can consider whether to upgrade her plan. (Or talk to her about her usage Smiley Happy)

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@lanashirley7 wrote:

There are no data overages with PM. You can only use what you have paid for...then data stops when iit's been exhausted. Welcome to Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.