cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data overage charges

orahman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Will I be charged data overage charges or will data stop working after my allotted data usage is used up ? Please advise.

11 REPLIES 11

Iggypop2813
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was told the same....because I specifically asked about it. Or I would not have switched from the provider i was starting to have problems with. 

Literally, I asked more than once. As I have no WiFi where I live. Walked to buddies to use his. 

Little hot under the collar now, but I will be discussing this with person where I got sim card from. I already had a sim  card from one of the other providers l, so that was $11.30 I would not have spent. . All said and done. I put out $48.20 for something I was lied to about. Or as you put it misinformed. As well I spent about 6 hours time, between going to get the card and vouchers  (set up auto pay for next month.) and then setting up account/activating card. Might not have taken as long for others. But after I entered the voucher pins and and saw that the amount owing drop to $0 I hit activate it seemed it didn't work. 

I did figure out the problem. But I beginning  to think I choose wrong.

rh66
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Unlimited Data Plans in Canada

Carrier Unlimited Plan Prices  Full Speed Data Cap Full Speed Downloads  Unlimited Downloads* Best Plan
Freedom Mobile$15-$100
/month
250MB to 20GB in Freedom Zones~100 Mbps LTE256 kbpsTalk, Text and 10GB $60/month
SaskTel$75-$125
/month
15GB nationwide~200 Mbps LTE2.0 MbpsUnlimited Data Promo $75/month
Chatr Mobile$35-$50
/month (prepaid)
1-8GB nationwide3.0 Mbps 3G speeds64 kbpsTalk, Text and 4.5GB $40/month
Lucky Mobile$35-$50
/month (prepaid)
1-8GB nationwide3.0 Mbps 3G128 kbpsTalk, Text and 4.5GB $40/month

rh66

illimited what?

@rh66 wrote:

Okay... when i was sold this plan i was told that data never stops, just gets limited to beyond slow speed and the reason i signed up. Was this wrong information?

Yes, this is wrong   Data will stop working when you have used the plan amount.

The plans with data are for 30 days...but the option with data have no limit date...that's the difference...Smiley Frustrated

In Canada Data Add-Ons⁷

Any unused data will roll over to your next cycle.

1 GB Data$30
200 MB Data$10

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rh66 wrote:

Okay... when i was sold this plan i was told that data never stops, just gets limited to beyond slow speed and the reason i signed up. Was this wrong information?

@rh66 

You were missinformed..once you use all your data its gone

rh66

lheintzman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@orahman wrote:

Will I be charged data overage charges or will data stop working after my allotted data usage is used up ? Please advise.

Public Mobile is a prepaid service, so there's no such thing as overage or unexpected charges. When you've used up the data you purchased it just stops. One downside : If you run out too early in your service cycle, you'll have  to wait for your next renewal date, or purchase an add-on. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@orahman wrote:

Your data will stop after you have used up what comes with your plan.  You can purchase data add-ons but there will never be any surprise overage charges with PM,  If you haven't pre-paid for it you don't have  it

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Once used the data simply stops. No overages. 

NuYearNuMobile

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Disable-included-data-on-my-plan/m-p/32...

There are no overage charges and your internet access will just stop once you reach the limit.

Need Help? Let's chat.