cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data only

evershade
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it possible to use the data add-on for data only? I don't need extra services and $15/gig rolling over would work for my needs.

7 REPLIES 7

@will13am wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@evershade  Best to look at the dog brand for data only plans.

+1 for the dog brand.  It is my SIM 2 for augmented data.  

Woof Woof!

Unfortunately, this is yet another example of a missed opportunity by Public Mobile with the carrier being out-of-touch with what customers are looking for and what the competition is offering. A carrier that markets itself as being a no frills carrier with low prices and even cuts out the call centre to achieve that shouldn't be outpriced on plan, speeds, and price by a full service carrier.

I'm fully aware that it's possible to get much cheaper at Public Mobile through rewards, but the majority of customers aren't getting large amounts of those. 

@geopublic wrote:

+1 for the dog brand.  It is my SIM 2 for augmented data.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

If 1 Gb that rolls over is enough for you then You aren’t using much data. The $15 plan comes with 250 Mb If you set up autopay so that may go a long way for you each month. Keep a $15 / 1Gb data add-on available to supplement the data each month and hopefully it lasts quite a few months.

AE_Collector

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@evershade 

You need a 30 days plan in order to use data add-on.  Cheapest plan is $15 plan.  But you can take over someone with a $10 plan which is no long offered.

PM is prepaid service.  There is no credit check and no assume responsibility mumble jumble requirement by a postpaid mobile service.  If you decided later to not to use PM, you just walk away without renewing another 30 days cycle.  

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Unfortunately, PM doesn’t sell data only plans. Your best bet is to buy the cheapest plan with that add-on you mentioned.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@evershade wrote:

Is it possible to use the data add-on for data only? I don't need extra services and $15/gig rolling over would work for my needs.

@evershade hi no sorry you need the minimum 15 dollar 100 minute plan before you buy an add on 

Need Help? Let's chat.