cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data on profile has disssapeared

Kitos
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I was checking my three accounts and realized that my wife's account is missing the 500 Mb + 500 Mb addon which is part of the $25.00 plan.

So because off this the system is using instead her 1GB Promo and 0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on that we had not used before but keeping on the side in case we need it.

Who should I contact for this? I can't put the phone in plain public view.

14 REPLIES 14

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

With a data add-on such as the holiday 1GB promo, you will not get the usual alerts at 75%, 90% of your base plan data allotment, only once the add-on reaches those thresholds. This makes it easier to not realize when you've used up your base plan allotment...

Degus222
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Are you sure you did not use up all the data last month and this data usage was not from the previous month's use? 

Kitos

OK after verifying it is possible that mobile data had remained active while wi-fi was off.

Thanks to everyone who took time to answer

@Kitos  To see your data usage best to check your phone built-in data usage stats so that you can figure out pretty quickly if and where the data was used up. Just make sure the start date is set to be your plan's start date.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kitos wrote:

Yes but she has not used that data. We just renewed on the 16th of January

Some phones have a setting to flip to cell data when wifi is weak.

There have been sporadic reports of data not being renewed. Add up all your data usage lines in the self-serve from your renewal date to present to verify data usage. It's the upper usage link in the plan details area.

@Kitos wrote:

@Kitos  1 GB can be used up fairly quickly accessing photos from the cloud, watching videos, performing device upgrades etc. More info on how to manage your data can be found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

@Kitos it sounds it's a job for the Super Moderator team (que the music)!

You need to send a private message to the teamclick here

In your message, include:

Account number :
Phone number :
Email address :

A detailed explanation of specifics: 

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kitos Is it possible that  you forgot to turn  on WiFi at home and have been using data all the time? However,  if you are sure that this isn't the case, then contact a moderator .

@Kitos wrote:

@Kitos wrote:

Check mobile data usage on her phone settings.

1 GB can be consumed pretty quick if the phone is permitted to use mobile data without any limitations.

Kitos

@Kitos wrote:

snip.PNG

@Kitos  Data was used up.

Kitos

snip.PNG

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Kitos wrote:

Hello,

I was checking my three accounts and realized that my wife's account is missing the 500 Mb + 500 Mb addon which is part of the $25.00 plan.

So because off this the system is using instead her 1GB Promo and 0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on that we had not used before but keeping on the side in case we need it.

@Kitos  When that information is missing from your selfserve landing page it means that the data was used up and that is why it's currently using the promo data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kitos wrote:

Hello,

Perhaps your wife consumed all her plan data. When did that account last renew?

Need Help? Let's chat.