cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

modugnot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I just joined Public mobile yesterday and talk and text seems to be working (I have a new number). Data is NOT working though. I have the correct APN setting. I am using an iphone 11. I've still not received any confirmation email for activation also. Why is talk and text working but not data?

T.

-----------------------

UPDATE:

Data is now working. All I had to do was turn off "roaming". Now everything works! Thanks everyone!

13 REPLIES 13

@modugnot wrote:

This actually makes sense however I don't see any options for an update in the section you've mentioned. 

Which iPhone you have and what OS is that on?

I guess connecting to the computer for update is the easiest way..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@modugnot : I'm pretty sure it's almost always required to connect via USB to itunes to do this checking for updates. But I'm not an Apple guy.

iTunes might be called something else now too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

On your iPhone, go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options and tap Enable LTE or Settings > Mobile Data and tap Enable LTE. try it please.

visit HERE 

make sure Update your iPhone ios visit HERE 

modugnot

This actually makes sense however I don't see any options for an update in the section you've mentioned. 

@modugnot  Look like you need your carrier profile download

Make sure that your device is connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network.
Tap Settings > General > About.
Follow the onscreen instructions to install your carrier update.

Or you can connect to phone to the computer and update with iTune

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@modugnot 

If you continue to have issues after any software updates and syncing to iTunes read this thread to change certain apple address settings etc....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/td-p/323118/highligh...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@modugnot wrote:

Hi,

I just joined Public mobile yesterday and talk and text seems to be working (I have a new number). Data is NOT working though. I have the correct APN setting. I am using an iphone 11. I've still not received any confirmation email for activation also. Why is talk and text working but not data?

T.

Hi @modugnot ,

I will ask, because it has happened before...is your Data turn on?

Also, try:

• a RESET of your Network Settings on you iphone 11.
  • Toggle into airplane mode for a few minutes, than back to regular mode.

If still issues, are you able to try your SIM into another compatible Public Mobile phone to see if data works then?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only one way to you fix it explanation to moderator Team and the are nice service the will 100% help you

you have to Submit a ticket to a moderator, the will fix it 100%

don't worry about it my dear Good luck with the solution.

your welcome to public mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

Good Luck

Anonymous
Not applicable

@modugnot : Can you connect via USB to a computer running itunes and check for any updates.

modugnot

Nope. Still doesn't work. I've submitted a ticket. I hope I can get my money back for the plan if it's not going to work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If your iPhone  cellular data is not working, you can try powering down your phone and turning it back on, checking for carrier or system updates, turning cellular data or airplane mode off and on again, and, Reset your Network Settings, as the last resort, performing a factory reset your iPhone.

modugnot

That's super confusing! I did all the apn stuff and reset the phone. Data is still not working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

do one thing take your SIM card out and waiting for a minute and put it back and do rebooting your phone - This one is quick and simple. Make sure your phone is off before removing and reinserting its SIM card.

Remove your phone’s battery - Some phones have removable batteries. Sometimes removing and reinserting the battery can fix certain issues. Just make sure your phone is off before you do this.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visiting HERE.

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click HERE 

Changing APN Settings On Android Phones

click HERE 

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet wifi is on is not going through the Picture or a video Messaging, 

you have to do this to is go through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video Messaging in world-wide,

make sure your DATA is on.

if you still have the issue you have to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator_Team by Click here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.