cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working.

Marareesor18
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I haven’t had to use my data yet because I’ve been in quarantine and haven’t need it cause I’m home on wifi. But I’m working now and I went to use my data (the first time since switching to public mobile) and the data doesn’t work. I’m just wondering how to set up me data? I have an iPhone 7. Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

@Marareesor18 wrote:

My data still isn’t working, and I can’t figure out how to start a ticket. Sorry I’m terrible with technology. 

Send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here

Marareesor18

My data still isn’t working, and I can’t figure out how to start a ticket. Sorry I’m terrible with technology. 

@Marareesor18  It should say public mobile xx.x. where xx.x is the version number.

@Marareesor18 is your data working yet?

If it is still not working click on this link:

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Say data not working then contact us. Support will start a ticket and try to help you out within 24 to 48 hours usually quicker though. 

cheers

Naepalm

Marareesor18

Ok what should it say? 😄

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Note: merged a duplicate thread into this one.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Marareesor18  Make sure you have the latest carrier settings:

Go to settings > general > about

@Marareesor18 can you navigate to settings>cellular and make sure cellular data is enabled

@Marareesor18 did you log into your self service account and see if you have data?  Thanks.  Stay safe. If you dont have any, disable Imessage, enable data, sms amd mms and try sending a message. Imessage willnot work if wifi or data isn't available.

Here is an article on the differemces between the 2 https://www.xfinity.com/hub/mobile/difference-between-imessages-and-sms-messages

Marareesor18

It still doesn’t seem to work. 

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is what I found on previous post:

iPhone

Click here

Step 2:

You will need to input the following information:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

Step 3:

Select Save/Done. Select Public Mobile to connect to the Public Mobile network.

@Marareesor18 @Hi go into settings and do a network reset

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Log into your self service account and check to see if you have any data left @Marareesor18 . Imessage uses data if not on wifi. If you do, do a network reset and restart your phone. If it fails to do so automatically. 

Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Enable data, sms and mms to send and receive from Android phones. Stay safe. 

Marareesor18

I haven’t had to use my data yet because I’ve been in quarantine and haven’t needed it cause I’m home on wifi. But I’m working now and I went to use my data (the first time since switching to public mobile) and the data doesn’t work. I’m just wondering how to set up my data? I have an iPhone 7. Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.