cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working!!!

ChelseaDH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I know this has recently come up and I've followed all solutions with no success. When I try to use my data, a notification pops up reading "Sign in to network" and when I click on it, it just takes me to a blank page. I have considered that maybe somehow I have used all my data but it's pretty unlikely since I never do and I haven't been using it more than regularly. I also can't see my data usage on My Account so any help with that would be great too. 

Here is what I've done: 

- turned phone and data off/on (including roaming)

- reset APN info

- done a network reset

- registered a new SIM

Three tech people at phone kiosks could not solve it and ultimately suggested I buy a new SIM. That's $10 bucks I didn't need to spend but here we are. I have a Moto g6. Can anyone help? @popping ?

Much appreciated!! 

10 REPLIES 10

veev
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@srlawren wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

@ChelseaDH , according to @srlawren the moto g6 data problems fall under - see link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Data-not-working/m-p/492467/highlight...

And solutions

@gblackma well if you're going to quote me (thanks), please read more carefully.  The Moto G-series not the same as the LG G-series.  Different devices.  The Moto ones do not suffer from the bug I mentioned in that thread.

@veev wrote:

We seem to have some conflicting info floating around here. Tonight, I got a MMS text sent to me, and when I went to turn on data, so I could retrieve it, my APN settings were gone, so I came here looking for the correct settings, and used the same as listed in the above quoted post, including those last two lines. The data connection still wouldn't work, so I looked for another thread with the settings listed, and used that instead, and then it worked..... the difference..... those two lines, which I changed to bold, should be empty.

@CannonFodder   Thank you for letting me know.  Double checked, 2 of my phones are working fine with this setting (MVNO type: GID, MVNO value: 4D4F).  May I ask what phone are you using?

@CannonFodder @veev yeah those two settings are "odd".  Some devices seem to need the values you mentioned, while some devices work with both those MVNO fields left blank (like my OnePlus 7 for example).  Go figure, but try one and if it doesn't work, do the other.

@CannonFodder @srlawren   both settings work on my phone too, either blank or GID. Thank you for your information!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gblackma wrote:

@ChelseaDH , according to @srlawren the moto g6 data problems fall under - see link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Data-not-working/m-p/492467/highlight...

And solutions

@gblackma well if you're going to quote me (thanks), please read more carefully.  The Moto G-series not the same as the LG G-series.  Different devices.  The Moto ones do not suffer from the bug I mentioned in that thread.

@veev wrote:

We seem to have some conflicting info floating around here. Tonight, I got a MMS text sent to me, and when I went to turn on data, so I could retrieve it, my APN settings were gone, so I came here looking for the correct settings, and used the same as listed in the above quoted post, including those last two lines. The data connection still wouldn't work, so I looked for another thread with the settings listed, and used that instead, and then it worked..... the difference..... those two lines, which I changed to bold, should be empty.

@CannonFodder   Thank you for letting me know.  Double checked, 2 of my phones are working fine with this setting (MVNO type: GID, MVNO value: 4D4F).  May I ask what phone are you using?

@CannonFodder @veev yeah those two settings are "odd".  Some devices seem to need the values you mentioned, while some devices work with both those MVNO fields left blank (like my OnePlus 7 for example).  Go figure, but try one and if it doesn't work, do the other.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@veev  A Samsung Galaxy S3..... somewhat ancient, in terms of cell phone tech.

veev

@CannonFodder wrote:

@veev wrote:
Goto Cellular network settings > Access Point Names > add APN
Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

@veev wrote:
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ChelseaDH wrote:

Alright! I will accept the possibility that I've used all my data! and patiently wait for it to return.

Thanks for the help. 

You can test your data configuration without data in your account.

You can test your APN configuration by sending/receiving picture MMS messages because data usage is included with your text message in your plan.  All you need to do is enable data.

You You are welcome @ChelseaDH did you sign into your self service /my account to see if  your data is used up? If you dont see it, then it is. Try enabling downloads only on WiFi and checking your phones data usage and disabling the greatest culprits from data . 

@ChelseaDH wrote:

Alright! I will accept the possibility that I've used all my data! and patiently wait for it to return.

Thanks for the help. 

ChelseaDH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the help. 

veev