cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

Popololo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

New here. Just signed up for the $25 plan few days ago. Text and call are working but data is not working. I should have 1G on the plan with auto pay. I tried entering the APN based on the article I found on community for iPhone but I don't see anywhere I can enter proxy. How do I set up data on iPhone? Do I need to do anything other than putting the SIM card I and activate the plan?

13 REPLIES 13

Smile24x7

This works for me too! Thanks!! Just wonder if we have any breach of security though if we do this? 

argue19
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks this worked for me!

Popololo

I assume so. I found this from another carrier (Petro Mobility) website to teach iPhone users who had same issues as me. It worked for me. 😊 I am not sure if it's some preset on the iPhone. The iPhone was a hardware upgrade from Rogers eventhough it is unlocked. Maybe they had put in some settings that blocked the APN setting updates. 

@Popololo  great job. Can you use this to fix any iPhones apn settings ?

@Popololo wrote:

I got it working now. Here's what I had to do in case anyone run into same issue.

Some Apple iPhones do not have user updatable APN settings. 

• Make sure your iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi network and can access the Internet
  • From the browser of your iPhone, go to www.unlockit.co.nz
  • After the page loads, you will see a set of 4 icons on the bottom of the browser, select Create APN
  • On this page you will select Country and Carrier. For Country, select Canada. For Carrier, select Public Mobile.
  • Insure you have Country set to Canada, and Carrier set to Public Mobile. Select the button that says Create APN.
  • This will now prompt your iPhone to Install a new Profile. Select Install on the top right. You will be prompted to enter your iPhone’s Passcode. You may be presented with a Warning. The network traffic is not filtered or monitored. If you would like to continue, press Install on the top right.
  • You will be prompted to press Install again.
  • Once complete, the screen will indicate the Profile Installed, and you can press Done on the top right.
  • You should now power cycle your phone, by turning it off and then on again.
  • Once the phone is back up, disconnect from the Wi-Fi network and test your data connection by opening a browser and visiting your favorite site.

Popololo

I got it working now. Here's what I had to do in case anyone run into same issue.

Some Apple iPhones do not have user updatable APN settings. 

• Make sure your iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi network and can access the Internet
  • From the browser of your iPhone, go to www.unlockit.co.nz
  • After the page loads, you will see a set of 4 icons on the bottom of the browser, select Create APN
  • On this page you will select Country and Carrier. For Country, select Canada. For Carrier, select Public Mobile.
  • Insure you have Country set to Canada, and Carrier set to Public Mobile. Select the button that says Create APN.
  • This will now prompt your iPhone to Install a new Profile. Select Install on the top right. You will be prompted to enter your iPhone’s Passcode. You may be presented with a Warning. The network traffic is not filtered or monitored. If you would like to continue, press Install on the top right.
  • You will be prompted to press Install again.
  • Once complete, the screen will indicate the Profile Installed, and you can press Done on the top right.
  • You should now power cycle your phone, by turning it off and then on again.
  • Once the phone is back up, disconnect from the Wi-Fi network and test your data connection by opening a browser and visiting your favorite site.

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@boundless wrote:

@Popololo wrote:

iPhone 8

As @popping previously mentioned, since your data is still not working it is best to reset your Network settings, according to the instructions here: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204051

Note that this will forget any WiFi networks that you have joined with your phone - but sometimes these issues can only be fixed with a reset.

If I recall...I believe the reset also turns “on” the data switch. 

boundless

@Popololo wrote:

iPhone 8

As @popping previously mentioned, since your data is still not working it is best to reset your Network settings, according to the instructions here: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204051

Note that this will forget any WiFi networks that you have joined with your phone - but sometimes these issues can only be fixed with a reset.

Popololo

iPhone 8

iPhoneUser

@Popololo What iPhone do you have? 

iPhoneUser

@gblackma wrote:

@Popololo  , I'm calling @iPhoneUser to help you here. I Have also heard that inserting a freedom mobile SIM into your phone enables you to access features not allowed by other Sims. Try a hard restart. Also can you post your apn settings here so that we could have a look at it?

@Popololo wrote:

New here. Just signed up for the $25 plan few days ago. Text and call are working but data is not working. I should have 1G on the plan with auto pay. I tried entering the APN based on the article I found on community for iPhone but I don't see anywhere I can enter proxy. How do I set up data on iPhone? Do I need to do anything other than putting the SIM card I and activate the plan?

As per web site help......

Set Up Data On An IPhoneHere’s how to set up data in 3 steps:1) Tap:
  • Settings
  • Cellular
  • Cellular Data Network
2) Input this info:

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Popololo wrote:

I don't know too much about iPhone.  But you can try a simple procedure.

1.  Enable data

2.  Restart your iPhone with PM SIM card inserted to let PM SIM card to configure your APN automatically.

3.  If restart does not work, do a network reset.

I will tag our iPhone expert @CalgaryBen to help you.

Popololo

Thank you for the response. I have tried to restart the phone multiple times but data still does not work. 😞

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Popololo  , I'm calling @iPhoneUser to help you here. I Have also heard that inserting a freedom mobile SIM into your phone enables you to access features not allowed by other Sims. Try a hard restart. Also can you post your apn settings here so that we could have a look at it?

@Popololo wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.