cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

Mattchapman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Changed plans to add data this month. Data is not working but my partners on the same plan is working. Plan says data is activated. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

AdamDT

Apologies, it appears that somehow my phone has used over 5gbs in one day. I guess I am just out of data which is why it isn't working. I will have to talk to mods about that.

@AdamDT wrote:

I am having the same problem with no data. Phone calls are working fine. I have not tested text messages. I am on android and the Access Point settings all seem to be correct. My data service was extremely poor this morning and it is currently not working at all.

@AdamDT Try switching to airplane mode and back. Does it make a difference? If not, then maybe best to notify PM. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

AdamDT

I am having the same problem with no data. Phone calls are working fine. I have not tested text messages. I am on android and the Access Point settings all seem to be correct. My data service was extremely poor this morning and it is currently not working at all.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Mattchapman wrote:

Changed plans to add data this month. Data is not working but my partners on the same plan is working. Plan says data is activated. Thanks.

@Mattchapman  Make sure data is turned on and also make sure the correct APN settings are selected. If it's an iPhone maybe reset network settings.

These are the Public Mobile APN settings you need:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.

If you need to know where to find the settings:
Android
Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Iphone
Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Network
OR
Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Mattchapman  a écrit :

Usually it's the APN settings the problem. Can you check your APN settings here https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.