cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Data not working.

@isabellelabelle have you tried the sim in a different phone? 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

no i dont have another phone at this time

Mayor / Maire

@isabellelabelle wrote:

Would you be willing to type out/transcribe what you see in the APN settings so that we can see if what is there is wrong?

Mayor / Maire

@isabellelabelle wrote:

its all good i already try to change the APN 

OK, this is what they will ask:

-does MMS work

-can you confirm that the APN setings is https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en

-toggle airplane mode on then off

-your phone is set to use mobile data for your browser

-have you reset network settings

-have you removed then installed the sim card

Mayor / Maire

@isabellelabelle wrote:

There's another technical possibility. It might actually be that the data frequencies aren't available in your area. But you would need to switch your network frequency settings to 3G or something like that.

It would be around the same area as the APN settings.

It might be called Preferred network type.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@z10user4 wrote:

@isabellelabelle wrote:

There's another technical possibility. It might actually be that the data frequencies aren't available in your area. But you would need to switch your network frequency settings to 3G or something like that.

Honestly 6 pages is overkill for an issue like this. They should have contacted Moderator support by now as they were already ticked off enough to switch back to virgin when creating this thread. Let the moderator determine how this may be addressed. Once again that is @Moderator_Team

Mayor / Maire

@Dankaroo

Thanks. I see it as bending over backwards to try to help a technical neophyte in getting all of their phone services going. Someone's going to have to hand hold the customer. There's no reason why we couldn't do our level best to do that. Sure...easy...dump it off to the mods and give up. Sure...yeah...we're virtually unpaid.

Our choice.

Mayor / Maire

@Dankaroo 

I do not see 6 pages as overkill when it comes to helping someone fix their issue. It is most likey a APN issue which the MODs will have to walk them through manually just as we were attempting to do.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

This is incorrect @z10user4. All frequencies and technologies support data.

Mayor / Maire

@sheytoon wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

This is incorrect @z10user4. All frequencies and technologies support data.

I was going more for the possibility that the phone itself didn't have the correct frequencies for the cell frequencies available in the area and to suggest trying 3G rather than auto or 4G LTE.

Thanks