cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

pschnurr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My data was working an hour ago, but for some reason is no longer working.  I have tried turning my phone off and on twice and that hasn't helped.  My account says that I have used 4,000 MB of my 18,000, and should have 14,000 MB remaining.  What could be the issue here?

10 REPLIES 10

Turtle86
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My MMSC proxy was set to text not an IP address. Changing it fixed it for me.

@JadeCandy- Glad you got it going. Good on ya for reading stuff.

@JadeCandy 

PM's My Account have some cache issue and you could be seeing old cached info.  Plase  login to My Account using Incognito mode once more and confirm the amount of data left

if you still have data, check if you have any data limit enabled on your phone, disable it 

Try changing the Preferred network type or network mode to 3G only and see if it helps 

Or, try your phone in different area just in case it is just a local network issue

JadeCandy

I had the same problem today, no mobile data all day.  Phone and text were fine and I was nowhere near my data limit.  TaylorMeekins's answer worked for me.  I had to have the phone re-select the Public Mobile network, then everything connected.

At1

IT worked. 

TaylorMeekins

Try going into your mobile settings and turn off automatic carrier. After you do this, try rebooting the phone .. after it turns back on , it should prompt you to select a network or automatically find one. 

Select automatic . 

After you do this , if mobile data is still not working , try toggling airplane mode on and off . 

Let me know if this helps 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Sometimes the simplest things work well.  Here's two very easy things to do:

1) did you accidentally toggle off your mobile data?  I've actually done this a few times in the past without noticing--it's particularly easy in the quick-toggle panel you get when you pull down the notification shade (in Android--not sure how easy it is in iPhone).

2) have you tried rebooting your phone?  This solves a lot of sudden/weird issues.

Neither of these might apply or fix your issue, but they are quick to try.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Have you set a data limit on cellular data in you built in data monitor?

Remember, the stock application only works on monthly cycles, not 30 or 90-day cycles.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@pschnurr wrote:

My data was working an hour ago, but for some reason is no longer working.  I have tried turning my phone off and on twice and that hasn't helped.  My account says that I have used 4,000 MB of my 18,000, and should have 14,000 MB remaining.  What could be the issue here?

@pschnurr

Do you have another phone to try your sim card in to see if data is working? Have you tried data on more than 1 app, have you confirmed you have no local data restrictions / firewall settings? Go into mobile data usage under settings and make sure you have not used your local "data limit" and there are no network restrictions? Does your phone show you are connected to data services? Do you see LTE / 4G / HSPA / 3G on your top status bar? Or does it show an X beside your connection strength bar?

Go into network search and try reconnecting to the network and make sure LTE is set to preferred (even if you have 3g)

Does MMS work? (Not SMS) MMS uses cellular data

Also check your APN, its the most common reason for data not working

Android 

Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Name: Public Mobile / Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Select Save/Done. Select Public Mobile to connect to the Public Mobile network.  

APN Tethering Settings: 

Name: Tethered Mobile Internet
APN: isp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: Not set
MMS proxy: Not set
MMS port: Not set
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: dun
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@pschnurr Uhmm not sure why it would stop working. Make sure you have the correct APN settings that are found here: https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en

Need Help? Let's chat.