cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

anzywotko
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I work for an authorized retailer activating public mobile plans for customers. I had a customer in today who purchased the $40 4.5gb promo plan for out of done. 

She has an LG G3, all calling and texting services are working. Mobile data is on on settings, bit she is still not able to use data.

Anyone have any insight regarding this? Customer is extremely upset that I can't figure out why it's not working, I wish there were done support lines for us.

4 REPLIES 4

Customers coming from Freedom Mobile with LG devices are the most affected it seems (in my opinion), for the sometimes required Factory Reset.

APN settings is the first step otherwise.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@anzywotko

If the APN setting are fine, then you will need to try the following:

1.  Network reset

If that doesn't work,

2. Factory reset (LG phone sometimes need Factory reset to connect to data).  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@anzywotko wrote:

I work for an authorized retailer activating public mobile plans for customers. I had a customer in today who purchased the $40 4.5gb promo plan for out of done. 

She has an LG G3, all calling and texting services are working. Mobile data is on on settings, bit she is still not able to use data.

Anyone have any insight regarding this? Customer is extremely upset that I can't figure out why it's not working, I wish there were done support lines for us.

For LG G3, do a network reset after changing service provider.

Please note that network reset is NOT factory reset.  Network reset clear only the network related parameter.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@anzywotko wrote:

There are many different scenarios to fixing what may be wrong. Best your customer login and start a new topic at which time we can assist them properly.

EDIT: There are some LG phones that require reset after changing carriers and some that need their APN information entered manually.

Need Help? Let's chat.