cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

Stovetop_24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought the US Roaming Talk-and-Text add-on and the 1GB of data add-on (the $30 one) before heading down to the states (Texas) on vacation. Now that I'm here, I've tried turning on the data so that I can use Lyft but it's not working. The talk and text works, and I've tried to use other apps on data but it doesn't work for any of them. How do I fix this?

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Qtips2016 they may or may not also have an APN issue, but @Effort has identified the main cause of this issue--there is no $30 1GB US Roaming add-on; the $30 1 GB add-on can only be used while in Canada.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Qtips2016

I think the issue is that OP added Data to his/her cell phone service for the very first time.  He/She would probably need to manually add the APN settings which can be found here on this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

Step by Step APN configuration

Step1: 

Android 

Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Blackberry

OS 10 - Settings > Network and Connections > Mobile Network > Tap the settings icon (dented wheel)

Windows

Windows 8 Step 1 Settings > cellular > Add or Edit internet APN 

iPhone

Click here

Step 2:

You will need to input the following information:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com 
Proxy: Leave blank 
Port: Leave blank 
Username: Leave blank 
Password: Leave blank 
Server: Leave blank 
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc 
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18 
MMS port: 80 
MCC: 302 
MNC: 220 
Authentication type: Leave blank 
APN type: Leave blank 

Step 3:

Select Save/Done. Select Public Mobile to connect to the Public Mobile network

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Stovetop_24 wrote:

Of course I did.

On the bright side, you have 1GB of data when you come back that will carry over month to month and be there when you really need it!

Stovetop_24

Of course I did.

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Stovetop_24 wrote:

I bought the US Roaming Talk-and-Text add-on and the 1GB of data add-on (the $30 one) before heading down to the states (Texas) on vacation. Now that I'm here, I've tried turning on the data so that I can use Lyft but it's not working. The talk and text works, and I've tried to use other apps on data but it doesn't work for any of them. How do I fix this?

The $30 1GB is for in Canada only. There is also a US only 1GB for $20. You bought the wrong add-on.

132YJpf

Stovetop_24

I did not have any data on my plan before, I got the add-on specifically so I could use Lyft while I was here

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stovetop_24, Did you have data working in Canada? 

Need Help? Let's chat.