cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

LivinHigh45
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I currently have the LG Flex and my data ia not working did the apn setup like tje forum recommended still nothing please help.
37 REPLIES 37

LizaRD1970

I purchased an add-on, however last night I changed my phone number and when I look to see if there is any data left it doesn't show any activity for this new phone number. Did I lose my add-on because I switched numbers?

deonxx76
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

ok... i just sent a ticket.... 😊... thank u for the help... will comeback once its all fix

@deonxx76 wrote:

Its now monday night EST.... Still no data... Tried using the sim in other phone.. No luck.... Im on the $40 plan... 5gig data... Correct APN settings after resetting network.... Rebooted several times... Re inserted sim several times and the airplane mode as well

@deonxx76 

If it is not working in another phone, it is likely a PM service issue.  Maybe account provision problem.  

You should contact moderator to check your account.

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

deonxx76

Its now monday night EST.... Still no data... Tried using the sim in other phone.. No luck.... Im on the $40 plan... 5gig data... Correct APN settings after resetting network.... Rebooted several times... Re inserted sim several times and the airplane mode as well

deonxx76

ok i will try and put the Sim on the diff phone... and also will wait for the system to fix thier bugs.. thank u

@deonxx76 

@deonxx76 wrote:

i did all 1 to 3 that u mentioned... i own a Huawei p30 lite.. 

Maybe try the SIM card in another phone.  To help determine whether hardware setup issue versus PM service problem.  Last night, there was a system data outage which was supposedly corrected.  

deonxx76

i did all 1 to 3 that u mentioned... i own a Huawei p30 lite.. 

@deonxx76 

@deonxx76 wrote:

im a rerurning customer... APN are correct.. but no luck with data connection... i see the LTE and or 4G connection but no internet

Try the following:

1. reboot phone

2. Network reset

3. Toggle airplane mode on, then off

4.  If LG phone, you may need to do factory reset.  

deonxx76

im a rerurning customer... APN are correct.. but no luck with data connection... i see the LTE and or 4G connection but no internet

deonxx76

i recently returned from a 2 month vaca and reregistered using the plan i used before leaving the country... my calls and text works but my data does not.... my APN are all correct down to the last point.. but still no luck connecting to the internet and send MMS using my data plan... pls HELP

Other people have had success putting a Freedom SIM in, which seemed to have allowed them to add a new APN, fill in Public Mobile settings, reboot. Put Public Mobile SIM in.

Found the post https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Android-8-1-APN-settings/m-p/289974/h... in the big Android 8.1 APN thread: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Android-8-1-APN-settings/td-p/241715

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarioD wrote:

Once again I find myself unable to connect to mobile data with ASUS Zenfone 4 Max on Android 8.1 following a system update. However I no longer have the ability to modify the APN to the correct value. But why should I have to modify the APN? The APN value should be correct when I select Public Mobile network from my list of network! I've seen previous posts with ABD modifications and Public Mobile blaming the phone manufacturer but why couldn't Public Mobile ensure the correct APN is associated with their network! 

What did you do before to get 8.1 working?

Some other SIM's will allow editing/adding APN's. Like Freedom, Roam, Speakout. Somebody wrote an app that you can install that will allow it.

Agreed that's it's a hassle but Public Mobile aren't alone with this 8.1 problem.

MarioD

Once again I find myself unable to connect to mobile data with ASUS Zenfone 4 Max on Android 8.1 following a system update. However I no longer have the ability to modify the APN to the correct value. But why should I have to modify the APN? The APN value should be correct when I select Public Mobile network from my list of network! I've seen previous posts with ABD modifications and Public Mobile blaming the phone manufacturer but why couldn't Public Mobile ensure the correct APN is associated with their network! 

emshowah

Missing last step: Restart your phone. 

I followed the steps and it didn't work, but I then restarted my phone and data started working!

Add that step and see if it resolves it for you.

Cheers.

SkimGuy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Anonymous wrote:

@SkimGuy wrote:

Did you enable mobile data in the settings and register your account on the network?

@SkimGuy

SkimGuy

Four posts...who are you replying? For a post to make sense in the flow of the thread it's helpful to either use the black Quote button or use the @ username tag like I did here or even just the username.

fyi

I was talking to @Raymondtsang555, will quote in the future. Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SkimGuy wrote:

Did you enable mobile data in the settings and register your account on the network?

@SkimGuy

SkimGuy

Four posts...who are you replying? For a post to make sense in the flow of the thread it's helpful to either use the black Quote button or use the @ username tag like I did here or even just the username.

fyi

SkimGuy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Raymondtsang555 wrote:

Hi I'm also having difficulties with my data. Help please! I'm a new user to PM. Created my New VPN per instructions and it's not working.  

Can you post some screenshots/pictures of your APN settings?  This would help for others to try to see if there are any errors.

Some of the time, customers need to change and Android data setting to APN Type default,supl,mms

Raymondtsang555

Hi I'm also having difficulties with my data. Help please! I'm a new user to PM. Created my New VPN per instructions and it's not working.  

burdenfire

The solution worked for me.

thank you.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@pepper haha 😉

You're welcome! 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

pepper

@Shazia_K Thank you so much for the prompt solution 🙂 

My apologies for the NOT so prompt reply. hehe. Smiley LOL

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@pepper

I had sent you a private message earlier, i'm leaving for the weekend, just checking to see if you had the chance to view my message?

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@pepper

thank you for getting back 🙂

Have you tried rebooting the phone? if yes, please send me a private message along your Public Mobile phone number. 

Thanks,

Shazia

pepper

Hello @Shazia_K

I apologise for the confusion, I have already added the 'add-on' data and the payment has gone through as well. However, my phone doesnt seem to recognise that I have added more data. 

I have a Nexus 4. 

waiting for your help. Thanks in advance! 🙂

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @pepper

I'm sorry to hear about this, 

Are you trying to say that you are unable to add a data add-on to your account from the self-serve?

Please explain, in order to better assist you. 

Thanks,

Shazia

pepper

Hello @Cyber,

I have a 90 day 1 GB data plan, which finished, so I got an Add on. But that doesnt seem to work. I followed your instructions but even now, its saying "Sign-in to network". 

Help Please !

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Welcome to Public Mobile and the community, @angieet93!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

angieet93

Thank you so much! This worked perfectly for me 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @MarchForward, welcome to the Public Mobile community.  We need a bit more information to try to help:

1) Are you new to PM and the data has not yet worked at all?  or you're an existing customer that previously had working data?  If you previously had working data, have you recently renewed and/or done a plan change?

2) What make and model of phone are you using?  If it's working okay for phone calls and texts but not for data, then it sounds like it's probably an APN issue.  Have you gone through the steps listed earlier in this thread to verify your APN set up?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.