cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not available on phone

caddypm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought extra data as an addon a long time ago and it used to work. Now, it doesn't. It says under usage that I have quite a bit left, but I can't get it on my phone even though I have the data icon activated. What to do?

9 REPLIES 9

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That's an odd problem, especially if you've tried rebooting your phone/etc.  A few things to think through...

1. Are other services still working - text, calls, etc?
  2. Does Wifi data work?  I know this isn't the problem, but an easy check for internal phone apps.
  3. Do you have data saver or limits set up?  The suggestion by fujiyama is a good one to check.
  4. Double check your APN settings (listed below) - are they still in tact?

Otherwise, I would be tempted to reach out to a Moderator to ensure your account is still set up correctly (use the SIMon chatbot, lower-right corner, click on the Chat bubble).

APN Settings

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

@caddypm 

Check your settings as suggested by @fujiyama. Is it possible your APN has defaulted to a different setting?

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Could it be the Data Usage/Limit settings on your phone? What happens when you try to open a webpage using your phone's browser app?

@caddypm wrote:

Also, on the data page it says this: I just can

t figure it out.

Data & Data Add-Ons
 NameData Limit* (MB)Data Used** (MB)Remaining Data (MB)Status
1GB Add-on204802048Active
1GB Data102401024Active
1GB Promo1024499.033524.967Active

@caddypm    From your screenshot you certainly have plenty of data available.  So you've tried the suggestions without success? 

You can try topping up your account with $1 and restarting the phone. 

If nothing helps then you need moderators to take a look at your account.  Submit a ticket via chatbot and follow prompts here:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

If unable to submit a ticket then send a private message to Moderator_Team here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

caddypm

Also, on the data page it says this: I just can

t figure it out.

Data & Data Add-Ons
 NameData Limit* (MB)Data Used** (MB)Remaining Data (MB)Status
1GB Add-on204802048Active
1GB Data102401024Active
1GB Promo1024499.033524.967Active

caddypm
  • My Data & Add-Ons

If a feature is not listed below, it may have been fully consumed and no longer available for use.
    I bought more data and yet it still says this on the main page and I don't have data on my phone.

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    1000 U.S. Long Distance Minutes
    633  /  1000 MIN
    1GB Add-on
    0  /  2048 MB
    1GB Data
    0  /  1024 MB
    1GB Promo
    499.033  /  1024 MB

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @caddypm 

Look under your My Data and Add On's section - kinda looks like this (but yours will likely be different...)

HALIMACS_0-1618959555928.png

If you DON'T have a line item for data - it's been fully consumed for the cycle or the add-on purchase.

Cycle data renews each cycle --  add-on data is on the account until fully consumed, then it drops off until it's repurchased.

@caddypm 

If the data add on is still showing in your account then you haven't used it up. Do your other services work? Call? Text? Try:

1. Toggling airplane mode on/off.
  2. Remove your sim card. Wait 5 min. Reinsert your sim card.
  3. Reset your network settings.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@caddypm : Maybe post a screenshot of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course. The add-ons don't stay on forever. Nor do they auto-renew. They're buy once and consume over time. Sounds like you've finished it.

Maybe also restart the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.