cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data limits

PeterBridges
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Why don't you remove data caps for cell users. Many of us in rural and remote areas have only our cell to keep us informed and up to date on closures etc!!! But I am sure you will be cutting service to everyone that does not pay their bill by the due date as you always do. People are waiting for government cheques and some have no financial help at all. If service for them is suspended what option do they have....no access to pay bills or rent or banking as they will have no service. Do not send useless messages that you are helping people that are not customers when your customers are going to have service suspended because of waiting for financial assistance from Government. Do what you should. The Government is helping with ventilators and such...don't take credit for something you did not do. HELP YOUR CUSTOMERS!!! Remove data limits!!!! Please join the other companies and give us a break at this time!

12 REPLIES 12

@PeterBridges wrote:

You are wrong but I won't srgue.

No, I'm not, but I won't argue. 😜 

Just what have they done/ nothing!!!  Use your head and prove what you are saying

How 'bout YOU use your eyes, and read ALL the posts in this thread - that's the only proof you need.

...all caps are still in place 

So then in your opinion, the ONLY thing that matters(because it's what YOU want), so far as PM helping people in this pandemic, is more data? Ok, carry on then......

PeterBridges

Ya understood. Who asked about giving things away free. I have never used all my data only once. People are at home way more and in "RURAL areas where there is no affordable home internet I thought a break would be nice. But don't compare apples and oranges. Giving food away...that is just a stupid response. I'll buy more data but thanks for nothing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PeterBridges wrote:

You are wrong but I won't srgue. Just what have they done/ nothing!!!  Use your head and prove what you are saying...all caps are still in place 

Again...this is a low-budget operation that can barely get a line of text changed somewhere on their site.

Again...this service isn't about caps, it's about buckets. And all pre-paid. You buy a bucket of data up front. Then you use it. When the bucket is empty then it's done.

"Nothing" is incorrect. They've done a little something for fellow customers still in the US.

They're not going to give away the shop.

Grocery stores are still open selling their wares. They're not giving food away.

PeterBridges

You are wrong but I won't srgue. Just what have they done/ nothing!!!  Use your head and prove what you are saying...all caps are still in place 

@PeterBridges wrote:

So what happens if you go over your data limit? I am sure you are charged. Are you saying I can use as much data as I want? I don't think so. That is what I am saying. You will suspend service when the data limit is reached unless people who cant work don't buy more. That is my beef. You are coming off and announcing you are helping when you are doing nothing! absolutely nothing. Why don't you help us.

Well, while PM may not be doing anything for YOUR particular situation, if you've read the other posts in this thread(including some posted before your quote above), you'd know your statement, underlined above, is false.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@PeterBridges I understand your general concern for some people needing support. Since almost all PM plans offer unlimited services except for data, is that your concern? During our "lockup" I think we generally assume data will not be an issue as most people have internet service at home and are likely actually using less cellular data now.

The Community here could likely be of assistance if we knew more of your specific situation.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

PM is a low-budget, prepaid type of service. You select and pay for a specific product ahead of time. Once it's exhausted, you have choices to consider.

For now, PM hasn't spoken to removing data limits...that might change, who knows. I kinda doubt it personally.

PM isn't for everyone. If you need something that PM doesn't offer, look around for the company that does offer it and jump. Give them a try...if you don't like them you can always come back later.

Good luck wherever you land.

PeterBridges

what a waste of breath posting here all I am getting is pay more money when your data limit is reached. Thanks for nothing. Try helping instead of business as usual. You will see that people will be changing service providers. To someone that is helping at these times.

PeterBridges

So what happens if you go over your data limit? I am sure you are charged. Are you saying I can use as much data as I want? I don't think so. That is what I am saying. You will suspend service when the data limit is reached unless people who cant work don't buy more. That is my beef. You are coming off and announcing you are helping when you are doing nothing! absolutely nothing. Why don't you help us.

@PeterBridges the data could be throttled down  to 512 kbps as is done at Telus.

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @PeterBridges 

There is no really limits here as you buy packages. You can't really think of data as flow, but buckets

I guess they could offer data add-ons at $0 which who's be available once you are down to 100 megs or less.

I'm curious how hard would it be to implement

I'm very surprised as they offered gifts two times last year and I did expect them to do it now as many may need it more and probably would have harder time affording it. Many lost access to free WiFi at work/school and this Thursday the paycheck may be thinner.

Again I can't judge as I have no clue what is needed to pass and implement something like that on any level. Maybe it's already in making

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM is prepaid so once you reach your limit then your data stops.

Need Help? Let's chat.