cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data limit

Victoriao
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! I have the 1 GB LTE data plan. What happens when I got 1GB? Does the data not work at all, or does it switch to a super slow 3G data stream? Does anyone know? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

@Victoriao wrote:

Hi! I have the 1 GB LTE data plan. What happens when I got 1GB? Does the data not work at all, or does it switch to a super slow 3G data stream? Does anyone know? Thanks!

If you run out of data, as said earlier, it will stop working.  If you purchase a data add-on, you will still get full LTE speeds.

However, if you perform an immediate plan change to a different plan to get more data, the data will be change to the slower 3Mbps throttled LTE speeds, and there will be no way to get full LTE speeds back.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Victoriao wrote:

In addition to what were said, here are the options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change.
2. If you need to create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the bottom right hand corner of this page. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days. If your next renewal date is 2 - 3 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $30 1GB data or $10 200MB data. Expensive option

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Victoriao wrote:

Once you used up all your plan data then it just stops.  PM is prepaid so there is no overage here.

You can opt to renew to a different plan to access more data or buy an add-on which cost $30/1 GB or $10/200 MB.  Both are quite expensive but may tide you over until your plan renews and the data is reset.  The add-on data does not expire and will roll over every month until used up, unlike plan data which is reset upon renewal every 30 days,

Edit:  PM does not offer data at slower speed once you've used up your plan data. 

Need Help? Let's chat.