cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data limit warning

NW1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can you set a warning so that you notified before you reach your limit?

6 REPLIES 6

Android users can download from the Google Play store an app created by Community Member @IWIK called Data Witness PM.  You can set it for 30 or 90-day cycles, and it has widgets you can display on your home screen to monitor.

I've been using it for 3 years.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wolfcruise wrote:

Oooh, is that text message warning a real thing ? I have a Samsung S8+ and in the settings of the phone I am not able to set a limit or a warning ... does PM really send you a text when you are reaching certain limits ... ?

Yes. @ 75% and 95%.

From 611.

wolfcruise
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oooh, is that text message warning a real thing ? I have a Samsung S8+ and in the settings of the phone I am not able to set a limit or a warning ... does PM really send you a text when you are reaching certain limits ... ?

Yeah my Moto X Play let me set warnings in the phone and I could tell it to stop using data at whatever limit I set. I used to set artificial limits to prevent the occasional device connected to my phones hotspot from going crazy uploading pictures to the cloud. Worst case was having my computer use my entire 1Gb of monthly data before noon on the first day of my new month. 

Since i switched to an iPhone 6S I am shocked at the lack of these type of controls innthe phone.

Terry

@NW1 wrote:

Can you set a warning so that you notified before you reach your limit?

There is a text message sent to you at 75% (and 95%, although I condider this one to be next to useless).

I know that in Android, you can set any amount that you wish to be warned at, but this usage is based on an exact month.  It can also be set to make the data stop working.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@NW1Not a variable one on the Public Mobile side.. but there are various solutions you can use on your smartphone.

Also to elaborate since this is a prepaid service, you had paid ahead for the amount of data you use for the 30 days. If you blow over the amount, the data side of the service just stops working.

Need Help? Let's chat.