cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data is not working

Tamaravg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I got an Public mobile plan today and my data is not working. I fixed the APN-settings exactly as asked, what else?

Best,
Tamara

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@Tamaravg wrote:

Well, that's not really hopeful..

@will13am wrote:

Receiving text from international customers seems quite unpredictable.  I can message a friend in uk.  He can't message me.  Luckily, I don't rely on SMS.  

TBH, SMS is a 20th century thing that should have been left behind.  There are so many messaging platforms that blow the doors off of SMS. 

@Tamaravg I agree with @will13am here.  Especially now that you have some mobile data, SMS should be your last resort.  I'd recommend you ask your friend if they have WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Skype, Hangouts, Line, WeChat, BBM, or one of dozens of other chat apps that will give a richer experience by using data instead of SMS.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Tamaravg wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Receiving text from international customers seems quite unpredictable.  I can message a friend in uk.  He can't message me.  Luckily, I don't rely on SMS.  

TBH, SMS is a 20th century thing that should have been left behind.  There are so many messaging platforms that blow the doors off of SMS. 

Tamaravg

It's working! All of a sudden, without any changes. Thanks for your replies!

Tamaravg

@will13am wrote:

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Tamaravg

I'm using a Sony Xperia X compact. I did both things you suggested a few times already.

Also, I am able to call, but I cannot receive a text or call from an international number

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

What is make/model of your phone?

Have you tried setting the phone to 3G rather than LTE?

Have you rebooted the phone?

Do calling/texting work?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

what phone are you ising?  does your plan show the data addon?  try deleteing the apn and entering it again. also rebooting phone sometimes helps.

this thread is helpful 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-up-Data-APN-on-your-phone/ta-p...

Need Help? Let's chat.