cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data inaccurate?

Vanny027
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So my phone says I've used 1.01Gb.

I head over to the "Plan and Add-Ons" tab, then to "Usage History". I add up everything manually. Twice. The usage history states that I've used 935MB. So then why have I already received a text that says I've used 75% of my data, and on the "Data & Add-On Usage" tab, I'm given a very different number (1663.195MB) than when I review the "Usage History" tab?

Which of Public Mobile's data usage numbers do I believe, and why does there seem to be this gap in the numbers, when the "Usage History" tab seems to be the same as my phone's calculations? (My phone is a 1+, btw) 

Thanks for your help in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Vanny027
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for your answer. That should have been something I checked. I'm just SO VERY used to my billing cycle starting at the beginning of the month. That has been going on like that for at least 7yrs. I was just going on autopilot and didn't even make that change. Thank you very much!

Master2001
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

In your account "Plan and Add-Ons", "Data & Add-On Usage", you will see your base plan data usage and your Add-on data usage. Two numbers.

Your base plan data is always used first.

"Data Add-on" do not expire. Remaining will stay in your account until you use it in following months.

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can also keep track of your data usage on your phone in your cellular data settings. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Vanny027Usage History displays history dates from today. The Plans & Add on data is counted from the date you had renewed your plan. So there are variance just based on the date.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Vanny027 wrote:

So my phone says I've used 1.01Gb.

I head over to the "Plan and Add-Ons" tab, then to "Usage History". I add up everything manually. Twice. The usage history states that I've used 935MB. So then why have I already received a text that says I've used 75% of my data, and on the "Data & Add-On Usage" tab, I'm given a very different number (1663.195MB) than when I review the "Usage History" tab?

Which of Public Mobile's data usage numbers do I believe, and why does there seem to be this gap in the numbers, when the "Usage History" tab seems to be the same as my phone's calculations? (My phone is a 1+, btw) 

Thanks for your help in advance.

Are you factoring in that PM doesn't run month to month and is 30/90 days at a time. If your tracker reset on August 1st, but your plan didn't renew on that day it would be the source of the disparity. If you are just adding it up on your account like you suggested, are you sure you are looking at all of the days your current paid period has been running?

Need Help? Let's chat.