cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data in U.S. stopped working, also can't send texts.

Maiden
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

3rd time in the U.S. since using Public Mobile and all 3 times I am not able to reply to text messages only receive them. All help from Public Mobile the last 2 times did nothing.

Now starting yesterday while on the road and needed Google Maps my data stopped working. 

I have powered down my phone and yes I still have 500mbs on my Add-on. 

Now what?

21 REPLIES 21

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Maiden regarding the data:  please sign into your self-serve account, and on the "overview" page (the page you land on when you sign in), if you scroll down, do you see your US Roaming Data shown with an amount used, such as "123 / 250 MB"?  If you don't see it listed here, it means you have used up the full 250mb, and that's why you're data stopped working.  This would be my best guess at this point.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@Maiden the reason you can't use your talk or text is because you have multiple of each of othose roaming add-ons (two text and several talk).  Having multiple active of either of these add-ons confuses the system to the point where those services don't work.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Maiden

I can't get screen shot to '''paste' so I copied & pasted. 

Yes I manually chose T-Mobile, nadda.

Maiden

Thanks yes I bought U.S. trying to get the 'right' one? It was working and stopped yesterday, I can't explain it.

I will contact them about my triple purchase thank you. I could always use my phone to make and receive calls however.

My Add-ons

1GB Add-on
200 min US and Canada Long Distance
200MB Add-on
US Roaming - 250 MB Data (10-day)
US Roaming - Unlimited Talk (10-day)
US Roaming - Unlimited Text (10-day)

I will also tell them I still can't reply to or send texts messages, only receive them.

@Moderator_Team 

srlawren

@ShawnC13 my guess for the "Free" is that the two (US Roaming Talk, US Roaming Text) were purchased as the $15 bundle that includes the two, so there's no individual price to show on that view.  I could be wrong though.

@Maiden as others have noted, unfortunately you bought a domestic data add-on rather than a "US Roaming" data add-on, leading to your inability to use any data.  I'm not sure what's going on with your texts though.  With the US Roaming Texting add-on on your account, you should certainly be able to.  

EDIT: you were typing your last reply while I wrote the above.  You said you bought the talk+text 3 times?  Did you mean bought it, then 10 days later bought it again, then 10 days later bought it again?  Or you bought it 3 times all at once?

if the latter--then this explains why you can't text.  I would bet you can't make calls either--try one, it will disconnect very quickly.  The problem is you cannot have mulitple of the US Roaming talk or the US Roamign texting add-ons active on your account at the same time or it gets confused.  If this is your situation, unfortunately you will need to contact the moderator team and ask them to remove the "extra" 2 of each to get the services working again.  Learn how to contact them via private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

Maiden

Ok thank you found it. Got the $20 250 MB U.S. data plan Seems I had U.S. Roaming for talk and text (bought it 3 times!) but the data had run out.

I still can't reply or send text messages only receive. My phone is a Oneplus 6 and runs on all cell phone frequencies.

My Data & Add-Ons

Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
18GB + 6GB BONUS at 3G Speed
0  /  24576 MB
1GB Add-on
2834.105  /  3190.781 MB
200 min US and Canada Long Distance
0  /  400 MIN
200MB Add-on
0  /  200 MB
US Roaming - 250 MB Data (10-day)
6.299  /  250 MB

@Maiden,  well I have never seen Free beside the US roaming addons so not sure what that is about.  If you can post a screen shot that would help us a lot.  One of the plans and addon page as well a payment history.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

3A671BAF-A032-4193-BDB3-CF219D5EF941.jpeg

Green highlights are your friend. 

🙂

Maiden

Sorry I AM looking in the wrong place. 😞

Maiden

Oh. lol 

TMS

That’s for Canada 😞

It is $20 1GB for US. 

Maiden

It was $30 for 1 GB of Data which I paid for and is not working.

Maiden

What does that mean. So its FREE but doesn't WORK?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Maiden wrote:
Current Add-Ons
  • 1GB Add-on - $30.00
  • 200 min US and Canada Long Distance - $8.00
  • 200MB Add-on - $10.00
  • US Roaming - Unlimited Talk (10-day) - Free
  • US Roaming - Unlimited Text (10-day) - Free

Yes I've turned my data and roaming off and on a hundred times trying to 'reset' it. And yes I have paid for US Roaming, see above. Back to the basic questions that aren't really helping, sorry I'm frustrated AGAIN.

Did you manually scan for and connect to either T-Mobile or AT&T?

Has this ever worked for you before?

Is your service active?

As always will13am has it.

This is why I prefer screenshots over transcribing.

TMS
  • 1GB Add-on - $30.00
  • 200MB Add-on - $10.00

Are for use within Canada 

post screenshot of your add-ons in your PM account  🙂

@Maiden wrote:
Current Add-Ons
  • 1GB Add-on - $30.00
  • 200MB Add-on - $10.00

Yes I've turned my data and roaming off and on a hundred times trying to 'reset' it. And yes I have paid for US Roaming, see above. Back to the basic questions that aren't really helping, sorry I'm frustrated AGAIN.

The two data add-ons referred to appear to be "In anada data add-ons".  According to the plan web page, it is $10 for 250MB, $15 for 500MB and $20 for 1GB for US data add-on.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Maiden wrote:
Current Add-Ons
  • 1GB Add-on - $30.00
  • 200MB Add-on - $10.00

@Maiden

Not understanding the FREE part...?

TMS

Maiden
Current Add-Ons
  • 1GB Add-on - $30.00
  • 200MB Add-on - $10.00

TMS

Is your Data Roaming “on”?  (In settings on your phone)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Maiden wrote:

3rd time in the U.S. since using Public Mobile and all 3 times I am not able to reply to text messages only receive them. All help from Public Mobile the last 2 times did nothing.

Now starting yesterday while on the road and needed Google Maps my data stopped working. 

I have powered down my phone and yes I still have 500mbs on my Add-on. 

Now what?

Did you buy roaming add-ons?

If you think you did, do you see them in the lower part of the overview page?

Maybe post a screenshot of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

Need Help? Let's chat.