cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data for my smart watch

christineboudre
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purcahsed a smart watch and need a sim card & data for the gps function and walkie talkie to work, how can i only add data to it? was hoping i could just use the data from my phone plan but when i searched the community posts is seems only 1 sim per plan...so how can i make this watch work without costing an arm and  a leg?

6 REPLIES 6

@christineboudreJust a FYI for Apple Watch on Public MobileIMG_2965.jpg

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Just so you know, I'm guessing they can offer this from all the overage charges they collect... So be careful. (post paid only?)

@ChuckYeah yes Fido tablet plans are only post-paid.  Also, technically, you are only supposed to be able to get that plan as a second line added to an existing post-paid mobile phone plan with Fido (excluding data-only plans).  If you go to a Fido corporate store and are not an existing post-paid subscriber, they will likely turn you away without being able to sell you a tablet plan.  That said, some have had success going to a non-corporate location (e.g. a WoW Mobile kiosk or Tbooth Wireless).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@christineboudreIt depends on your smart watch, it is always useful to state which model you are seeking support instead of just a vague "smart watch". Check the specifications, if it requires eSIM like Apple Watch, Public mobile doesn't support eSIM. However if it has a nano sim slot, just get open another account and get data only 500MB/mnth will be more than enough. If you want the cheapest option just use your current phone and tether off it?

Since it sounds like an Apple Watch, you don't need to enable the eSIM for the GPS or Walkie Talkie to work.

Just so you know, I'm guessing they can offer this from all the overage charges they collect... So be careful. (post paid only?)

Screenshot_20190704-174707.png

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@christineboudre, this is a budget carrier.  There are no plans that are geared toward devices like smart watch. 

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@christineboudre wrote:

I purcahsed a smart watch and need a sim card & data for the gps function and walkie talkie to work, how can i only add data to it? was hoping i could just use the data from my phone plan but when i searched the community posts is seems only 1 sim per plan...so how can i make this watch work without costing an arm and  a leg?

You would need to move sim card into watch or connect by hotspot or bluetooth.  Or get another data plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.