cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data does not work want cheaper plan

Humpcamel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my phone and picked up one of your public mobile sim cards and then loaded 60 dollars onto it and chose the 50 dollar plan but the data doesn't work at all, never has only calling.  Anyway it still served its purpose to help me find my phone.  I was considering keeping this line open as a secondary line but there is no sense in paying 50 a month for something when the data doesn't work.  The 15 dollar or 25 dollar plans are probably most suitable but I wanted to speak to a human to know if I could get the 25 dollar plan for cheaper without data since it doesn't work anyway because I could use the unlimited minutes. I also would like a partial refund seeing as my data hasn't worked.  I submitted a ticket but it was just more automated bs you couldn't even enter custom text to let them know about the issue.

I started the 50 dollar plan on the 18th and have 10 dollars credit in my account. If I change now will it at least prorate the time used?

See this is why you need humans to talk to. I don't think getting charged 50 bucks to make 2 phone calls is fair.

6 REPLIES 6

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@Humpcamel If you still can't get data to work based on the previous suggestions, you will have two options in self serve to do a plan change: immediately, or schedule for next plan renewal. If you choose to do it immediately, it is not prorated - so generally it's best to schedule it for the next renewal.

The "moderators" are the "humans" here at Public Mobile that have access to make account changes. If you open a ticket with them, you can try to make your case in your message to see if you might have a chance at some kind of account credit based on your circumstances, but no guarantees. Can't hurt to try!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Humpcamel 

It sounds like you would use the 10gb (+500mb w/autopay) as you did originally choose that plan so lets try to get your data working.

Once you are on wifi check for any software or security updates for your phone ( Although you may or not want Android 11....just sayin' you may want to read about it first.) Then we can look at getting you the correct APN for your phone if doesn't automatically fill it in after updating.

If its its an iPhone it has a similar procedure that also requires hooking up to iTunes and signing in with your Apple id etc.....we will cross that bridge if needed....

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Humpcamel  would be nice to let us know the brand and model of the phone and we can try to get the data working

btw, in terms of the plan $15 or $25.  You might want to go with $15 plan, and then just load 500 Canada Wide min for $5.   Those are non-expiring minutes, and you only need to reload them when you are done with the 500 mins.  So, even you need to load it once every month, it comes to $20, and could be cheaper if you don't use them up in the month

Of course, we would still want to help you to get the data working instead.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Humpcamel : No pro-rating. Data is almost certainly an APN issue. What make/model/submodel is the phone?

We're all humans here by the way. Just that stupid chatbot. Get past that to the moderators and you're back to humans. Just all typing...not talking.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Humpcamel 

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

How to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  HERE 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click HERE 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  HERE 

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click HERE

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visiting HERE.

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Humpcamel 

For data to work make sure cellular data is on and your apn settings are correct.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles?q=Apn

Need Help? Let's chat.