cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data cycle vs billing cycle

mischt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I'm on the basic plan, 100 min/ 250mb. It rolled over on the 13th of this month, July, and I got the auto-pay notification of payment received exactly at noon of the 13th, like always. Before noon of the 13th I noticed I had 100 mb left to use from  June, ie the previous 30 days, so I used about 50 mb.

I just checked my data usage for the current billing cycle and it says I have used 65 mb, but I have hardly used my phone at all, which is what is shown in the usage history. 

Can I assume that the data usage for any cycle starts at midnight of the day the you are billed on ie July 13th 12.01 a.m. for me? There is no other way to explain how the usage would be at 65mb. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

@mischt 

Your data and minute counters reset at midnight eastern of your renewal. I always screenshot my overview page before and after renewal in case my counters don't reset upon renewal. If you think yours did not reset then contact the moderators to reset it for you. The usage showing in your daily usage pages for data is updated in two 12 hour blocks of time daily. So on your renewal day you will have a delayed update....that update should not be reflected in your new 30 day's data counter.

@mischt , I should add one other oddity on the data meter.  Sometimes it does not reset to zero after a renewal.  But once the first bit of data is used it does count from zero.  It's sort of behaves like a sticky analog needle. 

mischt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

great, thanks for confirming for me!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@mischt 

You are correct.  The notification text is somewhat "late."  Your renewal and plan reset happened much earlier.  Even earlier than midnight of your payment date.  

Need Help? Let's chat.