cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data consumption order of prescedence

kavafshar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I'm a Rogers customer seriously considering switching to Public Mobile and am curious about the following scenario:

I plan to regularly purchase the 90 day plan with 6 GB of data.  I also intend to purchase the 1 GB data add-on.  Any unused amount of the 1GB add-on is supposed to carry over.

My question is, will my base plan data (the one that does not carry over) be consumed first or last?

The difference of course is that if my add on data is consumed first, then there's virtually no chance of carrying it over.

Thank you in advance,
Kav

8 REPLIES 8

kavafshar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I'm glad to learn the data in the base plan gets used first. Also, thanks for letting me know about the data manager app.
Thank you all for your helpful responses.
Kav

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mimmo wrote:

Good on you for researching PM befor jumping in. You will of course need an unlocked phone and set your APN settings for data and mms to work.

Just to add in I reccomend installing my data maanger app, it will track your data over the 90 day period not monthly.

Agree, data manager is a great app to track usage. My usually varies about 200mb from what is reported on PM website

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Good on you for researching PM befor jumping in. You will of course need an unlocked phone and set your APN settings for data and mms to work.

Just to add in I reccomend installing my data maanger app, it will track your data over the 90 day period not monthly.

Also, MMS does NOT count against your Data Plan

Hi. The way it works is this

Your Regular Data is consumed first, then Afterwards, If you have NOT purchased ANY Add-On data, the your data stops until nxt renewal date

IF you have bought Add-On Data, you would still have access to the data

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just a suggestion... if you have an Android device you can setup a warning on your data usage, and for IOS you can download an app for the same.

It's an easy way for you to figure out what your data usage patterns are like, and which apps might be wasting your data without you knowing it.

Regarding the 1GB addon.... others have already given you the right guidance 👍🏾👍🏾.

Since it's a addon on top of your available data plan once you used your plan offered data then 1gb triggers if you don't use it then 1gb roll overs
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

cricketfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Your data add on comes when you have no regular data left. If you start a new cycle in between, it will consume from your regular data bucket.
Need Help? Let's chat.