cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data calculations

Rulkanbetty
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Since activating my account. And at home (on Wi-Fi) it shows using data when I log in to my account. There is a 0.00 charge but I don't understand why it's saying I'm useing data when on wifi? Please help. 

6 REPLIES 6

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Rulkanbetty wrote:

Since activating my account. And at home (on Wi-Fi) it shows using data when I log in to my account. There is a 0.00 charge but I don't understand why it's saying I'm useing data when on wifi? Please help. 

That's okay, don't worry about it. PM has a 5MB buffer that appears and disappears from your data usage even when you don't use data, but it doesn't affect your data usage actually.

Master2001
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Go into your account “Data & Add-On Usage”, “Remaining Data (MB)” to see if your data plan was used.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rulkanbetty wrote:

Does it say MMS on the same line? Maybe you've sent an MMS and maybe your phone automatically switches to data to send the MMS and then off again. My Samsung S7 running A8 does. Some setting somewhere I guess.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Rulkanbetty wrote:

Do you have data in your plan, as I am not sure what you mean by a 0.00 charge?  Do you have a screen shot of your usage page.

Whether you have data or not, you will never see an extra charge on your account. There are no overages with PM. If you go over your alotted data and do not have an addon available, your data will just stop.

If you have no data, or don't want to use data, you should still leave your data on so that you cand send picture, group and longer messages through text. If you have limited data and want to concerve it, turn your data on and off as you need it. Each time it will show 5.293 mb of data used to connect, but these amounts are eventually returned to you.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Rulkanbetty wrote:

Do you have data in your plan, as I am not sure what you mean by a 0.00 charge?  Do you have a screen shot of your usage page.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Rulkanbetty  How much data does it show you used? If it ~5MB you can ignore it is just a buffer that shows up as soon as you turn data on.

Need Help? Let's chat.