cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data addon for plans without data

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Can't remember if this has already been discussed but is it possible to add the 1GB data addon if you don't have any data in your plan (talk and/or text only)?

8 REPLIES 8

dohadotahmed
Fido 3 gb LTE data for 15$/month is the best option for data only. FYI virgin tablet plan SIM is IMEI locked to the tablet so you can't use it with a smartphone or any other tablet.

Jonavin

Data only is not an option otherwise I'd her on a $15 3GB Fido and Virgin plans and use voip.ms. I haven't bought a phone that's been locked for more than a week in the past twelve years.

@Jonavin wrote:
I don't actually have a plan without data, otherwise I'd try it out myself. That's good to know. I am considering moving my mom to PM. She mostly use voice but the occasional data would come in handy. It's too bad that old $90 1GB/3month plan is no longer available because that would've been perfect for her.

The data add-on can be purchased with ANY Public Mobile plan; calling only, texting only, data only, or any combo. IF she is willing to consider voip for calling consider this idea: 

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/How-to-replace-the-old-90-day-90-plan/m-.... Don't forget, her phone must be compatible and unlocked, or from Telus/Koodo, to work on PM.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Jonavin
I don't actually have a plan without data, otherwise I'd try it out myself. That's good to know. I am considering moving my mom to PM. She mostly use voice but the occasional data would come in handy. It's too bad that old $90 1GB/3month plan is no longer available because that would've been perfect for her.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I agree with @NDesai and @dohadotahmed,

You can purchase a data add-on and successfully use it, even if your base plan doesn't have any data included. 

dohadotahmed
Yes you can add the data add-on in your plan. Go to your self serve and try to add the desired amount of data you want. This add on is going to roll over and not going to expire until it finished. Let us know your update. Thanks.

@will13am @Jonavin I think you can. Talk must be on the plan to use add-ons but data doesn't have to be. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

No, it's not possible.  Add-on as implied by the name is intended to augment an existing service in the plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.